+76

Hundreds of people probably use the same fork at a restaurant before it's finally thrown out, amirite?

piromysls avatar Money & Economics
0 11
The voters have decided that piromysl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I used to work at a steakhouse and did the ordering.. I can't honestly remember ordering forks more than a couple times in 5 years. You lose more to servers dropping them in the garbage and not picking them out than to actual wear and tear. Let's guess approx. 300 forks in the restaurant, 600+ meals on a busy night. So if weekends are always busy and every other day is average, every fork will be used by about 500 different people every year.

hwoarangatans avatar hwoarangatan Yeah You Are +7Reply

*Thousands lol

More like thousands, possibly even a million in a busy enough restaurant

@Larny2019 More like thousands, possibly even a million in a busy enough restaurant

That's insane. Interested to hear what someone who has worked in a restaurant has to say about it

Yeah I know it's probably washed but since this pandemic, I've realized how GROSS everything we did was. Eating off that fork. Going to BOWLING ALLEY BDAY PARTIES which means bowling with a dirty bowling ball, going and eating pizza with the same hands, going back to bowl, going back to eat.

GAG. We were gross.

Nlphbtsmss avatar Nlphbtsms Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Nlphbtsms Yeah I know it's probably washed but since this pandemic, I've realized how GROSS everything we did was. Eating off...

I remember being a kid and going to one of those arcade/pizza places. I can only imagine how many people have gotten sick from those spots

I've often wondered if I've ever used the same fork or spoon from a previous visit to the same restaurant.