+4,225

Television shows when i was growing up in the 1990's were way better. (hey arnold, rugrats, doug ect.) amirite?

rushsummerss avatar
38 48
The voters have decided that rushsummers is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

CATDOG! CATDOG! DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER CATDOG?! I LOVE THAT SHOW!

@MissUmbridge CATDOG! CATDOG! DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER CATDOG?! I LOVE THAT SHOW!

I LOVE CATDOG!!!!!!!like wat beats an animal thats half cat half dog!?!?

@myroomsamess I LOVE CATDOG!!!!!!!like wat beats an animal thats half cat half dog!?!?

hahaha i never really liked catdog that much, yet watched it all the time

dexter's laboratory! oh my god so funnayy.

Teen Titans was the greatest superhero show of all time!

I loved the rugrats!!! And then they grew up :( Completely ruined.

TECHNICALLY, it started airing midway through 1999, making it TECHNICALLY from the '90s, but come on, Spongebob Squarepants was a 2000s show and it rocked. (sometimes literally!)

And anyone who didn't at least give Avatar: The Last Airbender a chance really ought to rethink their position on the matter.

@TECHNICALLY, it started airing midway through 1999, making it TECHNICALLY from the '90s, but come on, Spongebob...

spongebob was a terrible show, not even in the same category as the old cartoons like rocko's modern life, ren and stimpy, rocket power, and rugrats

timm1371s avatar timm1371 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@timm1371 spongebob was a terrible show, not even in the same category as the old cartoons like rocko's modern life, ren and...

Ah say, ah say, there's somethin' kinda YEESH about a human being who doesn't like Spongebob.

The inclusion of Ren and Stimpy in your above list I GUESS I'll excuse, but Rocket Power is one of the most awful cartoons I've ever watched. Somewhere between the drugged-up effects, hippie slang, and a 10-year-old doing the 900, they lost me.

"Otto, you can barely do the 900!"
TONY HAWK could barely do the 900. What a ridiculous show. Come on, creators, you're either trying to be realistic or you're not. There's nothing interesting about realistic families in a realistic setting with realistic relationships who FOR SOME UNFATHOMABLE, UNEXPLAINED REASON are capable of extraordinary feats of athleticism at the age of 10 that professionals two to four times their age are barely capable of.

Boy Meets World is still my favourite show today <3 !

And Even Stevens i loved! Shia <3

@UglyPerson8 Boy Meets World is still my favourite show today <3 ! And Even Stevens i loved! Shia <3

omfg i love boy meets world! i just started rewatching it on youtube a little while ago and its soooooo good!

man i remember when they used to air Felix the cat and the pink panther on tv. I think it's just us.. we're "all grown up". <-- like the rugrats

It's not really that shows these days suck way more, it's just that back then we were kids, and our standards were lower, or non-existent. Try watching those oldies now, like the original TMNT, or the original Power Rangers, or whatever, and you'll think the kid version of you was a brainless dummy for watching such drivel. Trust me, my cousin and I haad this debate before and settled it by testing it the way I just described.

That's not to say all of the old shows sucked; some were awesome. And yeah, I guess a lot of todays shows are inferior to the oldies. But you gotta remember, we can't truly compare them because we've changed too.

@It's not really that shows these days suck way more, it's just that back then we were kids, and our standards were...

I would still watch any of the old shows over pretty much all of the trash on TV today!

I loved Clarissa explains it all!!! And when looney tunes was actually on every morning!!! Basically Nickelodeon kicked butt back then!

i miss saved by the bell, the powerpuff girls, catdog, aah! real monsters, are you afraid of the dark, goosebumps, the fresh prince of bel air, the wild thornberry's, rugrats, dexter laboratory and hey arnold

@razzles15 i miss saved by the bell, the powerpuff girls, catdog, aah! real monsters, are you afraid of the dark, goosebumps...

Oh yeah! I forgot Saved by the bell! I used to watch Recess but it was to cheesy for me a lot of the times! I never really watched Hey Arnold. Maybe because everyone looked freaky and they always played this weird background musc. Are you afraid of the dark used to scare the shit outa me! I remember the always had that scary ass clown at the begining and that swing that seemed like some ghost was playing on! Those shows are all basicly Nicklodeon and Cartoon Network. I didn't really like Disney. I used to watch That's so Raven, Kim Possible and Lilo & Stitch. I stopped watching kid shows when I was about 9! Then I just started atching average shows. Man, I'm weird :/

as told by ginger

Hahahah cat dog was awesome!! Did anyone say angry beavers yet?

Power Puff Girls, Ren & Stimpy, Angry Beavers, CatDog, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, The Wild Thornberrys, Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd and Eddy aaaaaaaannnd yeah :) Those were my types of cartoons when I was growing up :D

same with music!! hit music these days is probably the worst its ever been!!!!!!!!!!!

I also love the older episodes of shows like friends or the office

WAY better!!

Abstracts avatar Abstract Yeah You Are 0Reply

for sure

rushsummerss avatar rushsummers Yeah You Are 0Reply
@rushsummers for sure

and rocket power also

@and rocket power also

Ew I hated that show.

@and rocket power also

Rocket Power was an awesome show, I have every episode DVR'ed

timm1371s avatar timm1371 Yeah You Are 0Reply

i didnt really like hey Arnold

The little lulu show. :)

Jillians avatar Jillian Yeah You Are 0Reply

ABC's TGIF anyone?

RiddlesAreHards avatar RiddlesAreHard Yeah You Are 0Reply

Amen to this. Cartoons today aren't worth watching.

OMMMMGGGGGGGG I AGREE

i hated both of those shows

Eliza's Wildlife or something like that
Power Puff girls
Both of these might be a little later...

OnDemand>Kids>Nickelodean>Nick Rewind at least on my cable

you're welcome :-)

The animation better, and the plot is better nowadays. Nostalgia is one of the only things that makes oldies goodie. My kids cartoons are better than any i had. Try avatar, best cartoon ever.

i always thought it was hey arthur

Hey arnold was gay though