+45

Future generations studying history will likely have to study tweets. amirite?

Dairyqueenemployees avatar History
0 12
The voters have decided that Dairyqueenemployee is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah. Maybe at that point it will be the equivalent of us studying faxes.

@LookAnAltAccount Yeah. Maybe at that point it will be the equivalent of us studying faxes.

I can see that but i think tweets will be much more taxing, Just with the sheer amount of information, Thousands of public statements and conversations between thousands of important people.

I don't envy them :D

I think of it as the next evolution of studying political cartoons

bertlps avatar bertlp Yeah You Are +5Reply

There have been official ways to cite them in papers since at least when I took composition 102 in 2010, so I'd assume you're right

Mariahmcmuffins avatar Mariahmcmuffin Yeah You Are +6Reply

This tweet is unavailable.

AP US History students will have tweets on their DBQs.

At least a few tweets would be worth studying.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +5Reply

That will not give them a true history.

Id quit my job and live off a doctoral stipend to study memetic influence on American society if I could get into an American Studies PhD Program.

That's so tragic.

Or the technology will no longer be available and they will have very little to study.

Bathroom graffiti