+46

Adam and Eve were just ordinary people: they did exactly what anyone would do if they were told "You may touch anything, but not that one thing". amirite?

Jordantom16s avatar Money & Economics
0 15
The voters have decided that Jordantom16 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Idk how young they were; if i was told to not touch something, i just wouldnt touch it

@Achilles982 Idk how young they were; if i was told to not touch something, i just wouldnt touch it

I mean after a while everyone would think: damn why am I not allowed to touch that specific thing only

@Larny2019 I mean after a while everyone would think: damn why am I not allowed to touch that specific thing only

Yeah that is true; maybe God could have given them a solid and said "because it will create all evil in the universe"

Yeah but you would've just been brought into the world with no idea of what's wrong and right or like anything else for that matter so you probably would've touched after a while

LOL, a very simplistic take on an account filled with meaning. Which is a telling indicator of our current mental climate of shallow thinking and demand for information without personal processing.

Vindicare-jjls avatar Vindicare-jjl Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Vindicare-jjl LOL, a very simplistic take on an account filled with meaning. Which is a telling indicator of our current mental...

Yeah, except the story has been the basis of thousands of years of "proof" that women are not equal to men. First for being tempted into eating the apple, then for tempting Adam into eating it. I find it very telling that you still believe this account has any meaning beyond being archaic and chauvinistic.

@Vindicare-jjl Well... let's start with the first principles. What do you think the account means?

I went to catholic school. I know what it means. What I don't agree with is how it's been turned (by humans) into this twisted story in order to keep women oppressed.

Well of course it's a somewhat silly take on it and that is also kind of the point. There's a ton of meaning to the story, but if you put yourself in the characters' shoes, there is a simpler way of looking at it - besides the serious ones.

Jordantom16s avatar Jordantom16 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Actually, they were not like ordinary people. They were closer to mentally disabled, as they were incapable of knowing what is right or wrong. That's something that a 3yo gets. That's something that you can teach a dog. They didn't know anything about morality, and god straight up lied to them to make sure they never do get it. Satan told them the truth, and liberated them, showing what morality is.

Satan is the true underdog of the bible.

@Alixkast Satan is the literal victim in the abusive relationship (of parenthood?) with god.

He's more like a scapegoat for all the bad things that are still necessary for making god's plan work. Humans are the victims.

@Achilles982 He's more like a scapegoat for all the bad things that are still necessary for making god's plan work. Humans are...

And what do you call a relationship where one party says it's always the fault of the other one (for everything happening in the world), however they also say they are the only one they would accept you and love you as long as you dedicate yourself you them and only them?

@404ChompyNotFound And what do you call a relationship where one party says it's always the fault of the other one (for everything...

Did god ever tell Satan he'd love him? Bc as far as I recall, Satan is just pushed into bad guy spot and that's it. Irregardless, god is pretty much the asshole for everyone and Satan is clearly just trying to prove that.