+16

The people from wallstreetbets will pay more taxes on their big win than the hedge fund would have. amirite?

Tldfonats avatar Money & Economics
0 13
The voters have decided that Tldfonat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Question: Wouldn't it all be under the capital gains?

Just dont pay taxes

The fact that I literally do not understand any of this

@Cheytuflya Sell stock = pay tax on profits

Oh I get it. So if you make $10 in profit per stock, you're just pay 70¢ or something to that effect per stock?

@itsskyway Oh I get it. So if you make $10 in profit per stock, you're just pay 70¢ or something to that effect per stock?

It's like 30%-40% for short term and like 20% for long term - year plus. So like 4$ if you made 10$

If I understand US taxes correctly, wait till it falls significantly, sell. Now claim the capital loss deduction.

Probably completely wrong, please correct me

@Mcgee0 You can, but only up to 3k a year

Still, feel like you could profit significantly. But I'm just reading the basics. 401k is as close to interesting as I get

Don't have to pay taxes if you lose it all before the end of the financial year taps head

Not until they sell their shares.