+64

If you really do get reborn as another person when you die then there is a chance you've walked past your own grave without realising it. amirite?

Mrtechnohawks avatar History
0 11
The voters have decided that Mrtechnohawk is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

My grandmother used to say that when you shiver while not being cold, someone is walking over your past grave...

Girlislits avatar Girlislit Yeah You Are +4Reply

No, because you're another person.

Nope. I'm a Hindu and keep taking rebirths but always get cremated. There aren't any graves to be walked past.

@itsskyway Nope. I'm a Hindu and keep taking rebirths but always get cremated. There aren't any graves to be walked past.

You would still have a resting place and be burried in your urn, placed in one of them wall grave things, or on someone's shelf.

@88080808088 You would still have a resting place and be burried in your urn, placed in one of them wall grave things, or on...

No dude. Ashes are generally strewn across the Ganges or some holy river, never even brought home. Only annual prayers done with a picture to remember.
Concept is that the soul is endless, the body is transient.

@Openeyes No dude. Ashes are generally strewn across the Ganges or some holy river, never even brought home. Only annual...

So would that not be your grave then? Generally speaking. You just happen to be in a mass grave that happens to be a river or whatever.

Kionixs avatar Kionix Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Kionix So would that not be your grave then? Generally speaking. You just happen to be in a mass grave that happens to be...

That's the entire world then. If I know and believe that I've been here, in this world, I would have quantum elements of my old body in some form all over the planet but not one to be reclaimed back to ME. I'll take solace in the fact that that wasn't me just like this isn't me.

We don't believe in a resting place. After we die, we believe we need to return our body to the 5 elements (air, water, fire, earth, and sky/space) so that's why we cremate and scatter our ashes.

The only people that are buried in our religion are babies (are innocent and died without any sins) and saints (who attend the higher conciousness). They're the only ones who have a final "resting" place.