+52

From Mario's perspective, the green mushrooms do absolutely nothing. amirite?

KilljoyXs avatar Money & Economics
0 33
The voters have decided that KilljoyX is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They make him high

dogmom050502s avatar dogmom050502 Yeah You Are +9Reply

I assume they're delicious though

It took courage to jump into that green pipe every level... not knowing... if I'd be the Mario in the next level... or just an extra life. The player knows the truth - the mushroom kingdom is simple... and miserable... jumping and running all the way through. But if you could fool the koopas, even for a second, then you can jump on their shells. And then... then you got to see something very special. You really don't know? It was... it was the look on their faces. Before they turned into bonus points or another 1-up.

Mrtechnohawks avatar Mrtechnohawk Yeah You Are +6Reply

They have a delayed deja vu effect.

Jordantom16s avatar Jordantom16 Yeah You Are +5Reply

That's like a philosophy question. Th counter is surely Mario must know what it does, or he wouldn't be drawn to chase it down.

I live. I die. I live again!

I kind of wish the goombas would tear Mario apart and eat his flesh and gnaw his bones.

Reincarnated, no?

It gives Mario more confidence and makes him less paranoid about dying

The 1Ups give him the peace of mind that if he dies he has several more chances to live. Although that being said Mario is pretty self-aware; he is aware he is in a video game, which is why he says "Let's-a-play!" and "Thank-a you so much for-a playing my game!"

It would be cool if there were a Mario game (or any platformer game, really) where the character is very self-aware of their lives and if you're down to zero lives left, the character is noticeably a lot more nervous, so you're forced to go slower. And if you have lots of lives, they are really upbeat and enthusiastic, but more likely to die because they think they are immortal. Although maybe that game would be very annoying to play.

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Boknows12 The 1Ups give him the peace of mind that if he dies he has several more chances to live. Although that being said...

In Binding of Isaac, Isaac leaves a little bit of pee on the ground when walking through doorways when he's down to half a heart.

Jordantom16s avatar Jordantom16 Yeah You Are +6Reply

there is kind of a game like that, not a platformer though... the name escapes me, but it's an rpg where the stuff that happens to your character affects them mentally and can reduce their performance in game

@piromysl Dragon Quest?

it's kind of recent, within like 5 years maybe and it's an indie game. has a decent following but I've never actually played it so i can't remember what it's called...
like dungeon something or other

I'm pretty sure that SMB2 introduced the concept that this is a production, like a play, in their universe.

motorbikemillys avatar motorbikemilly Yeah You Are +3Reply

Maybe he likes their taste.

@NeutralPheede Maybe he likes their taste.

Nobody likes the taste of mushrooms if you catch my drift

Jordantom16s avatar Jordantom16 Yeah You Are +2Reply

When you hop off of Yoshi to jump to a spot that's hard to get to otherwise and Yoshi falls way down and dies..... is Yoshi aware that he's going to respawn at another part of the level?

I guess the big mushrooms are filling

Nlphbtsmss avatar Nlphbtsms Yeah You Are +1Reply