+9

As the number of factcheckers goes up, the number of people thinking for themselves seems to go down at the same rate, amirite?

Cheytuflyas avatar Money & Economics
0 12
The voters have decided that Cheytuflya is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The number of people thinking for themselves I think is going up. The problem is their way of thinking is not structured in a way that is going to lead them to a right answer.

Hey OP u misspelled "Fascist" in your name. Have a good day!

? does it? thinking for yourself involves opinion based things. not fact based things. you can't deny something factual and then go "well i'm just thinking for myself".

@Sebixv20 ? does it? thinking for yourself involves opinion based things. not fact based things. you can't deny something...

it kind of does, particularly when you see how biased people become through endless factchecking and factfinding and becoming snarky out of that isn't a sign of intelligence

@Nickyikky i'm all for being fact checked if what i've said is wrong.

same but i'm not prepared to be harassed into citating myself because someone else thinks i need to validate my argument to them, thats not healthy informative discussion and just ends up polarising people

@Cheytuflya same but i'm not prepared to be harassed into citating myself because someone else thinks i need to validate my...

Arguments are based upon opinion and opinion only.
Facts cannot be argued if they are facts.

If I say 2+2 =4 and someone disagrees then I have a problem.

If I say 2+2=6 and someone says I'm wrong and asks me if I can prove it and I say "this is what I say" then I have an even bigger problem...it makes me a total idiot and there is no argument.

False. 33% of people who think for themselves inevitably turn into rabbits that eat paste in kindergarten.

Kionixs avatar Kionix Yeah You Are +3Reply

Maybe fact is more in our minds then a physical manifestation of truth

Seems the number of people who think for themselves has declined drastically in the past couple of decades. Simply to lazy to do so.