+70

9/10 times, men who refer to human women as "females" are flying their red flags right out if their mouths. amirite?

Robisraels avatar History
0 19
The voters have decided that Robisrael is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People who say this isn't true it is. A woman is a woman. You call them that. You don't call a human female in a relaxed setting that's what you call a dog or a cat.

W*man moment.

It's just a word...

Cheytuflyas avatar Cheytuflya Yeah You Are +6Reply

Nine times out of ten if a woman is offended being called a female, I walk away.

You should really find something worthwhile to take offense to. Human women are females. Human men are males. Please pull your head from your ass. Thnx.

Girlislits avatar Girlislit Yeah You Are +4Reply

Bruh I'm a woman and I don't care about the term "females". It's a little weird but it doesn't mean someone is sexist or a bad person.

What do they call "nonhuman women" then?

@monsterallergies What do they call "nonhuman women" then?

It depends on what the thing is.

There are nouns for the female version of every animal. A female deer is a doe. A female horse is a mare. A female chicken is a hen. A female pig is a sow. A female goose is just a goose (males are called ganders).

Female is actually an adjective, not a noun. You might accurately say ‘a female (adjective) person (noun)', but the noun for female person is woman and it's shorter so... why would you?

@Tanmoykayesen It depends on what the thing is. There are nouns for the female version of every animal. A female deer is a doe. A...

I'm well aware of how genders work across species. But your title is written as though "woman" bridges the gap as well.

Akhilmathew33s avatar Akhilmathew33 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@ChootEmChootEm What gap?

You referred to them as "human" women, yet we don't call the females of any other species by that term.

Cheytuflyas avatar Cheytuflya Yeah You Are +7Reply

Am I missing something?

What about women that do this?

Shiny244s avatar Shiny244 Yeah You Are +2Reply