+125

If you go back 40 generations it equates to you having approximately 1 trillion ancestors. Scientists estimate the totality of humans to have existed is around 117 billion. Sooooo... we're all family, amirite?

Mihneacuzinos avatar Family
0 13
The voters have decided that Mihneacuzino is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Technically, all humans are related, but you get to the point where genetically it doesn't matter. The closeness isn't as close as it once was. The real risk is interbreeding over multiple generations (creating a family wreath instead of a tree). This causes birth defects over that time. Examples include the blue people of kentucky and some of the British Royalty.

Who's the black sheep?

Iapetus-11s avatar Iapetus-11 Yeah You Are +7Reply

Industrial scale incest... Where do I sign up?

The world would be a majorly better place if we treated each other like extended family

Achilles982s avatar Achilles982 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Achilles982 The world would be a majorly better place if we treated each other like extended family

This..the world gives us all we need, we legit have to look after each other and we could all have it good

capamericasurs avatar capamericasur Yeah You Are +10Reply

40 generations = 1 trillion ancestors? How so?

@tonywonderslostnut 40 generations = 1 trillion ancestors? How so?

2 parents (21)

4 grandparents (22)

8 great grandparents (23)

16 great great grandparents (24)

32 great great great grandparents (25)

....

40th generation = (240) = 1,099,511,627,776

@Mihneacuzino 2 parents (21) 4 grandparents (22) 8 great grandparents (23) 16 great great grandparents (24) 32 great...

One generation of inscest really throws the numbers...some of those parents made kids with more then 1 mate.... Gererations also dont coincide perfectly parallel, they inter weave.....GENERATIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH POPULATION TOTAL!!!

Damn I hate my family...

I don't get along with family

So you're basically married to your third cousin.

Nickyikkys avatar Nickyikky Yeah You Are +3Reply

0.0001% fam, you got me in your will right?

@Thenaturelover 0.0001% fam, you got me in your will right?

For 0.00000000001% you get a quarter. Or you have to pay an microscopic sum for my debts hahaha