+94

It's scary how addicted we've become to our phones, amirite?

MikewithdeTs avatar Technology
0 13
The voters have decided that MikewithdeT is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

10 years ago you had to use a programme to pretend to be a phone from your computer? 10 years ago phones weren't all that different to what they are now. It's the internet that's changed

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Boknows12 10 years ago you had to use a programme to pretend to be a phone from your computer? 10 years ago phones weren't...

International calls had sky high pricing via normal networks, through the programme you paid normal charges as if the call was taking place between two people within the same country - much, much cheaper.

MikewithdeTs avatar MikewithdeT Yeah You Are +7Reply

and it's spreading to older generations too

Tell me about it.

I think it's more of a dependance than addiction. While there certainly are phone addicts (just like there are addicts for any other thing that exists) the case nowadays is that the phone is just to convenient to drop. You would need a lot of gadgets to "function normally" if you got rid of your smartphone

How ironic.

Voluspacookies avatar Voluspacookie Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Voluspacookie How ironic.

Yes you're very clever

"Lack of power is our dilemma."

It's corrupt in many ways, yes. But I think…oh wait, text message…

Absolutely agree, as I type this from my phone.

I agree, but that's something I don't like to think about

Nickyikkys avatar Nickyikky Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's rather sad when one can't even sit down in a restaurant for a meal without checking their phones. I have a cell phone, but hardly ever even turn it on. I refuse to sink in that trap.

RainyDazes avatar RainyDaze Yeah You Are +2Reply