+122

Skipping is the most efficient form of traveling but yet you and your pride and your ego refuse to skip even though it takes less energy to do and is faster than walking, amirite?

Legendnoel77s avatar Travel
0 11
The voters have decided that Legendnoel77 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

a living soul shall never catch me skipping

browndog888s avatar browndog888 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Hmmm, somehow inspiring! 😁

Google called ur BS : Skipping is a perfectly fine way of locomotion, but it requires more metabolic energy than walking does at most speeds, or running does at high speeds," he said. ... "In low gravity, like on the moon, skipping is more energetically efficient than walking," Gregg said.

@Crazymotherfuker Google called ur BS : Skipping is a perfectly fine way of locomotion, but it requires more metabolic energy than...

Well, I think Gregg is wrong. Most children actually start skipping naturally because it's the best way of moving, but if you weigh a certain amount and have a certain level of body fat it might cease being the best option at some point

@Legendnoel77 Well, I think Gregg is wrong. Most children actually start skipping naturally because it's the best way of moving...

Even if you weight withing your BMI, you're lifting all of your weight off the ground and thrusting yourself forward, which requires more energy.

Shiny244s avatar Shiny244 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Shiny244 Even if you weight withing your BMI, you're lifting all of your weight off the ground and thrusting yourself...

But you're also carrying your momentum way more effectively and using it to push you forward. If you had to get from point A to point B you would get there faster and burn fewer calories by skipping than you would if you walked the full distance. I think no matter what, though, if you skipped for an hour or walked for an hour you would burn more calories skipping, but you'd travel way farther

@Legendnoel77 But you're also carrying your momentum way more effectively and using it to push you forward. If you had to get...

So it's more efficient in distance traveled but not in energy used. I won't disagree with your point of traveling further but I definitely disagree with the less energy part of your statement.

Do you have a source to back this up? Sounds dubious.

Test this assumption at your earliest convenience.

If skipping is more efficient than walking, then why aren't we all skippers?

It seems to me that natural selection would have favored the skippers in prehistoric times, because they would have been able to forage for food more efficiently, if what you say is correct.