+119

Venn chose like the most inconvenient shape for a diagram. amirite?

Thee-Apple-Lords avatar Art
0 8
The voters have decided that Thee-Apple-Lord is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Some interesting trivia: a venn diagram refers to the overlap of categories represented by physical shapes, yes; but they don't have to be circles. Want squares? Do it. Triangles? Go for it. Icosagons? You do you, buddy.

They were talking about the vent diagram and how it is composed of multiple circles

Apartlavishnesss avatar Apartlavishness Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Apartlavishness They were talking about the vent diagram and how it is composed of multiple circles

Op was correct with "Venn" not "vent" created by John Venn some time in the 1800's or so.

Can you explain yourself a little bit better? Pls

That's the best possible shape for a Venn diagram,

KilljoyXs avatar KilljoyX Yeah You Are +3Reply

Wdym, what's wrong with its shape? How could it have been better.

@tonywonderslostnut Wdym, what's wrong with its shape? How could it have been better.

I think he means that the fraction of overlap would have been easier to calculate in most cases if Venn had used squares instead of circles, for example.

I've been known to say plenty of circles have inconvenienced me… but to say they are the most inconvenient shape?

I don't know… that's a tough sell.