+77

Landlords provide housing, the same way scalpers provide concert tickets. amirite?

Squintygibberoses4jts avatar Money & Economics
0 6
The voters have decided that Squintygibberoses4jt is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Landlords here are providing a service. I moved out when I was 18, there was no way I was going to buy a house. Where should I have lived?

Some landlords are cunts, some are just investors trying to meet a demand.

88080808088s avatar 88080808088 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@88080808088 Landlords here are providing a service. I moved out when I was 18, there was no way I was going to buy a house...

I don't know paying a mortgage of equal value to the construction company or previous owner. Maybe rent to own. At the very least you own the damn thing and can sell it and cut your losses when it's time to leave. All landlords are doing is hoarding and profiting off it.

Achilles982s avatar Achilles982 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Achilles982 I don't know paying a mortgage of equal value to the construction company or previous owner. Maybe rent to own. At...

Who am I going to buy with? I was living in share houses for years paying $50 rent a week. We weren't paying anywhere near the cost of the repayments for buying a place.

Maybe it's different in your country.

And who is gonna pay the people building this home? Are all those trades showing up and splitting your rent to own payment for the next 20 years?

Preach 🙏

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Building enough houses for everyone brings down every homes value... there a direct correlation between homelessness and home value... the more bums you see, the move value your house has