+110

Writing a diary is considered sane and respectable but talking to yourself is considered crazy and bizarre. amirite?

capamericasurs avatar History
0 28
The voters have decided that capamericasur is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

All geniuses talk to themselves...

@freq432 Well, thank you

But not all the people who talk to themselves are genuises

jodzdzownicas avatar jodzdzownica Yeah You Are +7Reply

Its only crazy and bizarre to talk to yourself when you dont realize you arent talking to anyone but yourself.

Basically as long as you arent expecting or waiting on a response, just talking out loud is not seen as crazy

Nothing wrong with taking to your self

@freq432 Nothing wrong with taking to your self

I know why do people think it's so weird?

@donna this made me laugh

And thus. My job is done

fragsworths avatar fragsworth Yeah You Are +8Reply

It's only considered crazy and bizarre because you have the option to talk to yourself inside your head with the same effects.

It is okay to talk to yourself.

It is okay to argue with yourself.

It is not okay to lose those arguments with yourself.

Milkzeys avatar Milkzey Yeah You Are +7Reply

oh yea.. damn!

donnas avatar donna Yeah You Are +7Reply

And reading out loud is considered childish but reading at all is considered old.

It depends on how you talk to yourself. If you are having a coherent dialogue as if you were talking to another person it's weird. Just thinking out loud isn't weird.

I don't think anyone would mind others talking to themselves when they are alone unless you are screaming. And a diary gives you privacy while talking out loud is public.

It's not weird or crazy to talk to yourself.

Legendnoel77s avatar Legendnoel77 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Unless it's Tom Riddle's diary…

Parents encourage children to keep diaries but the same parents have no problem violating their privacy and reading that diary.

Nothing wrong with talking to yourself until you have to ask yourself what you said.

I don't care if people talk to themselves, but don't do it when I'm in the room and then get mad when I assume you're talking to me!

jodzdzownicas avatar jodzdzownica Yeah You Are +3Reply

Isnt thinking and talking to yourself the kinda same?

Ingrained stereotypes through media or personal experience. Most people have seen a crazy person talking to themself. Few people have seen a crazy person writing in a diary.

contextrips avatar contextrip Yeah You Are +1Reply