+304

Well behaved women rarely make history, amirite?

ladygagamonsters avatar
2 10
The voters have decided that ladygagamonster is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Marilyn Monroe quote

@Mtrenchie Marilyn Monroe quote

nope, i dont remember what the womans name was, but it wasnt marilyn monroe. her quotes do sound like this though!

No one ever got famous for being Ke$ha's polar opposite... except for Mother Teresa.

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Mitch And Rosa Parks.

Rosa Parks was not a well-behaved woman. Of course, the definition of "well-behaved" at the time was completely idiotic, but still...

@Rosa Parks was not a well-behaved woman. Of course, the definition of "well-behaved" at the time was completely...

Blake then said, "Why don't you stand up?" Parks responded, "I don't think I should have to stand up." Blake called the police to arrest Parks. When recalling the incident for Eyes on the Prize, a 1987 public television series on the Civil Rights Movement, Parks said, "When he saw me still sitting, he asked if I was going to stand up, and I said, 'No, I'm not.' And he said, 'Well, if you don't stand up, I'm going to have to call the police and have you arrested.' I said, 'You may do that.'"[18]
From wikipedia. She was within the law and was respectful. Sounds well-behaved to me.

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich different from "Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Marilyn Monroe