+121

The act of programming computers is to instruct extremely stupid, idiotic machines on how to carry out your requests. Computers are more stupid than any person you know. amirite?

Alixkasts avatar Technology
0 12
The voters have decided that Alixkast is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You really overestimate the people I know

Apartlavishnesss avatar Apartlavishness Yeah You Are +7Reply

They aren't sentient. So stupid doesn't apply to them. People who call them stupid however..

Sewcrazy4catss avatar Sewcrazy4cats Yeah You Are +6Reply

This sounds a lot like sitting extremely stupid, idiotic people down in front of faux & fiends.

Impolsions avatar Impolsion Yeah You Are +6Reply

The computer is a maliciously compliant 2-year-old.

Kionixs avatar Kionix Yeah You Are +6Reply

Truer words have never been said

Computers are not stupid. They are not smart. They are not intelligent (not even artificially). They are tools, like a hammer.

Is a hammer stupid?

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Boknows12 Computers are not stupid. They are not smart. They are not intelligent (not even artificially). They are tools...

I disagree. If you leave a hammer by itself, with the last input it had being persistent, it doesn't do anything.

If you give a computer an instruction, and it doesn't result in an end state, it will keep changing indefinitely.

I would say that, excepting outside forces, a hammer is "smarter" than a computer, in that it is capable of keeping a constant state.

All that being said, computers don't actually implement "human" logic. If you tell a computer that 2+6=(-4) then it will accept that. It will always think that 10=(-4). Which we know to not be true.

Computers are exceptionally stupid.

@Alixkast I disagree. If you leave a hammer by itself, with the last input it had being persistent, it doesn't do anything...

If I throw a hammer it is going to cause destruction when it hits something, that isn't the hammer being stupid.

As someone who used to be a carpenter, and frequently went to work hungover during this time in my life. I'm pretty sure my framing hammer was smarter than me.

MC Hammer graduated high school so he's not. My hammer can't even spell hammer so it is or perhaps it's just not in the mood for answering stupid questions this morning.

Most real people wouldn't be able to carry out those various requests, regardless of how simple you make the "code". Computers might not be the smartest, but they by far ain't the stupidest

Computers are purely use of logic and electricity at your own desires. Computer science has evolved so much to much more advanced practices but at the end of the day a computer is as smart as whoever made them. Like already mentioned here computers are literal tools to solve problems, really good at calculation problems, we are smart, they are super efficient.

freq432s avatar freq432 Yeah You Are +2Reply