+141

Most people have never had to go to a shoe store barefoot, yet we all had to get our first pair somehow. amirite?

Boknows12s avatar Money & Economics
0 48
The voters have decided that Boknows12 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

My parents bought them for me when I was a baby because when I was born I didn't have any.

@Vic8760 Damn, you weren't born with shoes? L

No. They felt I didn't deserve a pair of shoes until I could demonstrate my ability to walk in front of them. I imagine. I don't remember the event myself, and my parents haven't given me a history of my shoes.

I've given shoes to homeless folks. They'd walk into the clothing pantry barefoot.

synthsexuals avatar synthsexual Yeah You Are +11Reply

Fun fact, most babies are born barefoot. The ones that grow up to wear shoes are usually given their first pair before they can even walk.

@404ChompyNotFound Fun fact, most babies are born barefoot. The ones that grow up to wear shoes are usually given their first pair...

I just wonder how many generations of grand parents you have to go back before somebody didn't have their first pair given to them.

@Boknows12 I just wonder how many generations of grand parents you have to go back before somebody didn't have their first...

My grandpa got his first "store bought" shoes at 14. Before that his mom would make him and his 6 siblings sheepskin shoes.

"I didn't realize babies come with hats. You guys crack me up. You don't have jobs. You can't walk or speak the language. You don't have a dollar in your pockets but you got yourselves a hat so everything's fine" Toby Ziegler

"No shirt, No Service" store is adjacent to the "No Shoes, No Service" store.

Imagine being confused by the fact that adults can buy shoes for babies.

SnooStoriess avatar SnooStories Yeah You Are +9Reply
@SnooStories Imagine being confused by the fact that adults can buy shoes for babies.

But the parent had to get their shoes somehow as well, the same applies to their parents and then to the parents of their parents...

Down the line there is someone who was barefoot and put on shoes who started it all.

Framie1s avatar Framie1 Yeah You Are +10Reply

Most people's first pair of shoes are put on by another person.

@Dairyqueenemployee Most people's first pair of shoes are put on by another person.

How many generations do you think you have to go back before somebody's parents didn't give them any shoes?

@Boknows12 How many generations do you think you have to go back before somebody's parents didn't give them any shoes?

That's true. Someone, somewhere wore the first shoes. Or was the first baby to be have shoes put on and thus starting the chain

@Thenaturelover That's true. Someone, somewhere wore the first shoes. Or was the first baby to be have shoes put on and thus...

Right! And every individual has their own "number" of generations you have to go back to find that person.

...yeah an adult puts on a pair of shoes and goes to buy them for you. Not sure how that's a "miniature epiphany".

@Tldfonat But how did that adult get his first pair of shoes?

…an adult put on a pair of shoes and went to buy them for him.

@Shiny244 …an adult put on a pair of shoes and went to buy them for him.

and how did THAT adult get their first pair of shoes?

Surely if you go back far enough, there is a generation of folks who were barefooted and had to acquire their first pair themselves.

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +13Reply
@dankXD Their parents made them. Was before shoe stores existed...

Surely there was a time we were barefooted and someone came up with the idea and we all started acquiring or making shoes.

Once In went to a shoestore wearing flip flops because I didn't want to buy shoes, and after about 2~3 years my pair gave up on me. My mon made me go to the store wearing flip flops, but I though about going barefoot.

And yes, I was (am?) a weird person.

Some-Noname-idks avatar Some-Noname-idk Yeah You Are +9Reply

Now you've got me thinking about the day my children walk into the shoe store wearing the last pair I bought them, and walk out with the first pair they buy themselves.

dankXDs avatar dankXD Yeah You Are +9Reply

I read this in Keanu Reeves voice for Bill and Ted and it worked a lot better.

It's a referral system, most people get their first shoes by someone who already has shoes.

teknogreeks avatar teknogreek Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Boknows12 How far back does it go?

Philosophers are currently investigating this as it might contain information on the origin of the universe.

Technically most people never have also never had to go to a clothing store naked, yet we need to get our first clothes somehow.

I broke my sandals in another country and had to attend a store of shoes in just my piggly wigglies.

It's almost like we have parents that do everything for us the first few years… crazy

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +5Reply