+111

Heightened senses are a terrible and lazy superpower. In fact, most superpowers are. Superheroes would be so much more interesting if they gave these powers depth. amirite?

Iapetus-11s avatar Science
0 9
The voters have decided that Iapetus-11 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Batman use Sound based attacks to hurt Superman when he fight him.

Venom doens't trigger Spiderman spider sense, he also lost his spider sense at one point forcing him develop his own spider based martial art.

Can villains be able to trigger a false alarm or silence this sense to create a more interesting story.

Yes. It has happened a few times in the comics.

I take it you don't actually read the comics since most major heroes have stories where the hero's powers are turned against them

@Huemaninstrument I take it you don't actually read the comics since most major heroes have stories where the hero's powers are...

Considering most of my knowledge is from movies, I might find the comics more interesting. If only I was born earlier

Iapetus-11s avatar Iapetus-11 Yeah You Are +6Reply

My favorite super power is probably the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson if you have ever read those. Pretty complex and interesting world. The problem a lot of the time is that complex powers don't translate to the big screen that well as books can explain what's going on behind the visuals.

potatobunnys avatar potatobunny Yeah You Are +2Reply
@potatobunny My favorite super power is probably the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson if you have ever read those. Pretty...

Shame Brando feels the need to over-explain everything. If only he took a few of those words spent explaining how his powers work for the 5th time and used them to give his characters any depth at all.

@Bigbluemountainstar Shame Brando feels the need to over-explain everything. If only he took a few of those words spent explaining how...

Yeah he's a master at actual world building. His other areas could use a bit of work. I appreciate his consistent releases though.

Iapetus-11s avatar Iapetus-11 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Iapetus-11 Yeah he's a master at actual world building. His other areas could use a bit of work. I appreciate his consistent...

I didn't read anything after Mistborn. The rabid evangelism by his fans left me disappointed once I actually read it. Contained a few interesting ideas, story beats, was otherwise pretty average. He is most certainly not a generational talent.

You're right though, impressive output.

Seems like a nice guy, willing to make fun of himself, take criticism. The ties to the Mormon church is worthy of continued criticism.