-6

Every American citizen over the age of 18 should get $10k no questions asked. amirite?

georgecamposs avatar History
0 20
The voters have decided that georgecampos is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

where do you think the money will come from?

@freq432 where do you think the money will come from?

I mean, we did waste $2 trillion in Afghanistan and no one batted and eye. That is about $9k per person over the age of 18. Seems that it isn't a problem of money, and more a problem of priorities.

@synthsexual I mean, we did waste $2 trillion in Afghanistan and no one batted and eye. That is about $9k per person over the...

I don't know what you mean by nobody batted an eye. trust there is much outrage over the bloated defense budget.

@Thatoneduderyan I don't know what you mean by nobody batted an eye. trust there is much outrage over the bloated defense budget.

I mean that very few within our government has batted an eye. Not that literally zero people have. Why are you being obtuse?

I mean if you're going to turn on the money printer, you might as well print it out for everyone.

@georgecampos I mean if you're going to turn on the money printer, you might as well print it out for everyone.

You do understand that taxpayers foot the bill or money printer goes brrrr. when they print more money it devalues the dollar. Why do you think we are in a recession?

No_on3__s avatar No_on3__ Yeah You Are +5Reply
@No_on3__ You do understand that taxpayers foot the bill or money printer goes brrrr. when they print more money it devalues...

You do realize were printing anyways for the college kids right? We are footing the bill either way, at least provide some relief now and we can all pay in taxes later.

I just want paid parental leave

When did Americans get so damn bitter?

@synthsexual When did Americans get so damn bitter?

What makes you think were all bitter? You think college kids are the only ones in debt? Plenty of Americans are struggling right now, and most college kids are still living at home with parents. If anything the average citizen needs it more than anyone.

@georgecampos What makes you think were all bitter? You think college kids are the only ones in debt? Plenty of Americans are...

Almost a trillion dollars in PPP loans were completely forgiven in 2021. That's 10.2 million loans.
But yeah, let's flip out over students getting 10-20k in relief.

This seems right out of Atlas Shrugged.

Effectlive97s avatar Effectlive97 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Effectlive97 This seems right out of Atlas Shrugged.

Honestly...a LOT of things are sounding like Ayn Rand wrote them.

Framie1s avatar Framie1 Yeah You Are +7Reply

So all of the rich millionaires over 18 should get $10k as well?

The government should give handouts? Yeah, definitely a popular opinion in 2022.

Sounds like a government schooled socialist came up with this question. The government can't give you $10,000 until it takes $10,000 from you first. Or did you think money came from the Wonka factory?