+137

Light year is a gigantic waste of time. amirite?

-avoidingwork-s avatar History
0 19
The voters have decided that -avoidingwork- is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You should've said a galactic waste of time.

That's the whole point. It's the movie that inspired the original toy

Kasies avatar Kasie Yeah You Are +9Reply

Your reasoning makes no sense at all. If you can't emphasize with fictional characters in a fictional world why can you for the fictional world itself?

You know Toy Story never happened either, right?

@Kionix You know Toy Story never happened either, right?

I refuse to believe they didn't come to life! sarcasm

I mean yeah it's based off of the Buzz Lightyear toy and series as showcased in the original Toy Story movie. I don't think that means we have to care any less. Toy Story is a fictional universe itsself. So many movies are. That doesn't make the story less compelling.

It doesn't matter how many levels in a fictional story is. It is fictional either way.

The movie sucked.

freq432s avatar freq432 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@freq432 The movie sucked.

Fr. Zurg is Buzz's father, not himself from a different timeline

There are some very real criticisms of that film. The fact it never happened is a bizarre reason to not like it.

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +4Reply

More like waste of distance

Cheytuflyas avatar Cheytuflya Yeah You Are +4Reply

And some movies either happened in dreams, last few moments of someone's life, a simulation, a false memory, and/or a drug induced fantasy. Doesn't make them any less compelling or interesting.

@Thenaturelover And some movies either happened in dreams, last few moments of someone's life, a simulation, a false memory, and/or...

isnt the it was all a dream a generally hated trope tho for pretty much exactly the reason op states?

JimKBs avatar JimKB Yeah You Are +4Reply
@JimKB isnt the it was all a dream a generally hated trope tho for pretty much exactly the reason op states?

That's the thing, none of it is real anyway, so I never understood the hate for either scenario. It's still a story being told. I also haven't seen anything pull that trope in a while, though it might be for the best, because yes it is.

opensofiass avatar opensofias Yeah You Are +2Reply

A light year is a measure of distance, not time.

This isn't an unpopular opinion

@Bf3247 This isn't an unpopular opinion

Actually, they at least have a unique take, which while the base opinion isn't as unpopular, I'd say it's 50/50, it's at least a cool discussion point?

This is probably the stupidest reason I've heard to hating that movie. I've been meaning to watch it, but the amount of reasons people have to really dislike this movie just keeps getting better and better.

.... So, why do we sympathise with characters in movies if its not real?

Mrtechnohawks avatar Mrtechnohawk Yeah You Are +1Reply