+99

I love Green Day, but I've always though Bille Joe was the weak link. amirite?

Expert-Afternoon-501s avatar Relationships
0 4
The voters have decided that Expert-Afternoon-501 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

He's also the main song writer. Without him there is no Green Day.

He sings, writes the song and plays guitar so not sure what you have left really. The other two aren't exactly a renowned rhythm section, they are OK and do the job well but they aren't exactly attempting to be Led Zeppelin or anything. Pop punk isn't about showing off in that respect.

Saw them play in London a few months ago and the show was all Billie Joe…the guy's energy was incredible and he carried 70,000 people along with him for the whole show. The other two were just stood in the background.

@bibbitybobbitybacon Saw them play in London a few months ago and the show was all Billie Joe…the guy's energy was incredible and he...

Honestly, that's another problem I have with the band and bands in general. I get he's the lead singer and leader, but it's a band not a solo act. I actually kind of feel bad for the other 2 since they're still part of the band too.