+113

Hairdressers are the only professionals who are expected to chat while they work. amirite?

Achilles982s avatar Jobs & Employment
0 9
The voters have decided that Achilles982 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I would love to tell them "look, this is the most relaxing part of my day, so please don't talk to me"

Almost any type of service workers are expected to chat on command. I've also had my hair done with little to no chat besides what I wanted. Granted that was a language issue but same could be said for nails. Bartenders. Uber drivers. Home healthcare. Literally any customer based business that involves ass kissing.

I think bartenders are also expected to talk if they are not busy.

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +2Reply

Doctors are paid to chat. Granted they chat about medical things but if they didn't chat we'd be very disappointed.

Bf3247s avatar Bf3247 Yeah You Are +2Reply

A cab ride without some smalltalk with the driver feels unnatural

Some-Noname-idks avatar Some-Noname-idk Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Some-Noname-idk A cab ride without some smalltalk with the driver feels unnatural

Very true. But I think hairdressers are more relatable, because more people use their services than cab drivers :)

Nah, they have costumers that want smalltalk and others that don't...only the other half expects them to talk.

Taxi Drivers

Paramedics

Police Officers

Doctors

Nurses

etc