+104

Cheating is the best way to play video games. amirite?

Huemaninstruments avatar Games
0 5
The voters have decided that Huemaninstrument is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

When I played the original Sims I found a way to cheat without even technically cheating. Basically, you could buy this wall art for $900 or so. At midnight of the next day the value went above $2K and you could sell them in bulk. I had walls just to harvest those thing. Felt weird to be in that gray area… I could just say that my Sims were clever entrepreneurs and be correct

@Some-Noname-idk When I played the original Sims I found a way to cheat without even technically cheating. Basically, you could buy...

Yeah, a lot of games you can just say "I'm role playing a god" or what have you and it be a perfectly legitimate way to play I suppose. But in your example, you spent significant time to cheat, so you can do what you wanted to. I wouldn't want to spend equal time on something like this as I would on just playing. Cheating allows that

Not really a cheat. More of taking advantage of the mechanics. Not necessarily an exploit either.

There was an old DOS game, Excelsior, that we did something similar on. It was an RPG. One of the stats was Charm. The higher the charm the cheaper shops would sell, and the higher the buy price.
There was a Character race that naturally had high charm, and some classes gave a bit higher charm level. So we would dump all the points we could into Charm. Go to the starting shop, buy everything we could for cheap, then sell back for a profit.
Do this a bunch of times and you could quickly buy the best shop weapon in the game, super early.

As long as it's a solo game you can do whatever you want mate.

@opensofias As long as it's a solo game you can do whatever you want mate.

Yeah, I don't expect much retaliation from that standpoint. I think my opinion becomes unpopular when it comes to "first play through of [your favorite game]" and I would bypass things and cheat through it.