+122

Shows today are too long and too padded, amirite?

Tanmoykayesens avatar History
0 7
The voters have decided that Tanmoykayesen is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You sound like a victim of instant gratification. Not a fun issue to have.

opensofiass avatar opensofias Yeah You Are +9Reply

Most shows are still 22 minutes. You're just choosing to watch longer stuff.

Vic8760s avatar Vic8760 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Vic8760 Most shows are still 22 minutes. You're just choosing to watch longer stuff.

Oh I don't watch them it's just most of the critically acclaimed stuff I'd like to watch is just too long.

Tanmoykayesens avatar Tanmoykayesen Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Tanmoykayesen Oh I don't watch them it's just most of the critically acclaimed stuff I'd like to watch is just too long.

How can you know that Breaking Bad would be better if it was shorter then? To be honest, these shows have trimmed the fat since the trend with better shows are typically shorter 10-12 episode seasons. Sometimes as short as 6 or 7 episodes. Compare that to other network shows which tend to have 22 episode seasons. There is more than a little fat on those.

That's how dramas work. It's about setting the scene, getting to know the characters in the small moments and just sitting with them for a bit. It's not a plot point to plot point highlight reel.

The internet has made people too impatient.

Alternative title: people today have the attention span of a fly.

Manualhams avatar Manualham Yeah You Are +3Reply

The slow panning shots make for dramatic scenes. Peaky Blinders uses them quite effectively. Your opinion is unpopular.