+147

Chewbacca is worse than Jar Jar. amirite?

ambitiouscorners avatar History
0 45
The voters have decided that ambitiouscorner is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I never understood the love for chewie or han solo to be honest. In the movies at least they seem to just be there.

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +7Reply

Jar Jar isn't even annoying tbh

Regardless of what Chewbacca sounds like, he opens his mouth 1000% less than Jar Jar does. Jar Jar shows up in the first 15 minutes of Episode 1 and refuses to shut up for the duration.

freq432s avatar freq432 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Chewbacca isn't a secret sith lord

synthsexuals avatar synthsexual Yeah You Are +4Reply

Disgusting

Larny2019s avatar Larny2019 Yeah You Are +4Reply

What do you think of the ewoks?

@Achilles982 What do you think of the ewoks?

The kids like them and I can see how they're necessary for the plot but the sand people are more likeable.

How the hell do you compare a great companion someone that fought side by side with Yoda and was a dear friend to two Jedi grandmasters to the greatest sith lord that ever existed

88080808088s avatar 88080808088 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Now that is a hot take.

I like jar jar. Episode 1 was the first star wars film I watched and his super flips and messing with the pit droids were some of my favourite parts.

Bro, Jar Jar is an absolute gangsta. Whoever's hating on the homie send em my way

You are wrong, because even of chewbaccas dialogue is as cringe as jar jars, at least we dont hear it.

Mytokhondrias avatar Mytokhondria Yeah You Are +3Reply

Starwars is so overrated in general.

Openeyess avatar Openeyes Yeah You Are +3Reply

Reminder that the Holiday Special, if exists, consists of 50% Wookie growling.

my wife said same very thing

I was about to give her divorce papers

@Alixkast my wife said same very thing I was about to give her divorce papers

It was my wife was who initially pointed this out to me. Are we married to the same person?

It's okay, we understand. The Star Wars Holiday Special was traumatizing for a lot of us...

I really wish they stuck with the original plan to have Jar Jar be a sith lord. Count Dooku came out of nowhere and really added nothing to the story.

potatobunnys avatar potatobunny Yeah You Are +3Reply

RAWRGWAWGGR.

Chewbacca is a real person in a costume. Jar Jar isn't real. Do not insult Chewy.

Mesa diagree

Yeah but if you don't let the wookie win, he might just rip your arms off. Jar jar will just fall on you trying to fight you. NOT even a comparison.

Chewbacca is the Most useless character of the OT. You could write him out and it would have zero Impact on the story

@stevnev88 Chewbacca is the Most useless character of the OT. You could write him out and it would have zero Impact on the story

Without chewie they don't find 3po on Bespin and rescue him. Without 3po all of them get eaten by the ewoks that 3po convinces hes a God in RoTJ

@Thenaturelover To be fair this could be fixed by like 2 lines in the script

You could say for any number of characters. Besides the main character you could pretty easily eliminate most characters and adjust rather easily.

Besides it's not like that's the only plot point he's a part of, there are plenty

potatobunnys avatar potatobunny Yeah You Are +4Reply

Hey man, no

fourexhales avatar fourexhale Yeah You Are +2Reply

I agree and I think black krrsantan is what chewy should have been.

Kasies avatar Kasie Yeah You Are +2Reply

Bro is your dog okay?

browndog888s avatar browndog888 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Ah, yes, Millennials making excuses for the prequels, so that they can keep up their "so bad it's good" laugh-a-rama. I personally don't buy it.

Clone wars jar jar was great, he even got his own love interest