+141

I hate dyed hair with a passion, amirite?

Suspiciousauthors avatar Fashion
0 27
The voters have decided that Suspiciousauthor is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How do you know someone has dyed hair? Some are noticeable for sure, but I would say the majority of women I know have pretty good dye jobs and keep up with touch ups. At what age do you start to assume a woman would be grey?

Well at least you admit it's an irrational judgment. May those people proceed to live their lives with vibrancy and joy. I hope they never allow some random petty judgment to decide for them.

ambitiouscorners avatar ambitiouscorner Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's definitely an unpopular opinion, I don't go around sharing it with folks. I just think there is a lot of value in accepting your body how it is and learning to appreciate your natural hair color.

You're assuming a lot about people. Many people dye their hair to try different styles it's no different than tanning (except that it's less unhealthy by a large margin) or makeup. Maybe you think you would look better as a blonde or with red hair and age has nothing to do with it.

Milkzeys avatar Milkzey Yeah You Are +3Reply

It never looks better than natural

i'm alright with it. i don't really care what other people do with their appearance.

Blonde and brown are fine tho. Everything else looks stupid asf

Do you like flattering clothes? Makeup? Just wondering. I get the aging gracefully thing. I'm not going grey I just like being lighter blonde. But I do think natural beauty is even more beautiful on some people.

SnooStoriess avatar SnooStories Yeah You Are +2Reply
@SnooStories Do you like flattering clothes? Makeup? Just wondering. I get the aging gracefully thing. I'm not going grey I just...

I started going gray at 26. Hell, no. Judge me all you want, but it's been dyed for 20+ years.

mattyh2433s avatar mattyh2433 Yeah You Are +4Reply

What a strange thing to hate. I'm sure plenty of people have no problem with their hair greying but just prefer having a different color (like a natural blonde wanting to be brunette or vice versa).

Achilles982s avatar Achilles982 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Why do you judge people with unnatural colors though? Clearly that has nothing to do with fear of aging or anything.

I hate the unnatural colors. It makes everyone look so washed out and pasty like they just lost a lot of blood.

dankXDs avatar dankXD Yeah You Are +2Reply

Maybe people are just naturally curious and want to experiment with their appearance because life is short? Whether someone keeps their natural hair colour their whole life or have a rainbow on their head, why should this concern you? This goes for before and after the hair going grey. I never understood why dying your hair after it naturally turns grey is seen as trying to fool yourself and others. You can age with dignity and still prefer to wear coloured hair.

Manualhams avatar Manualham Yeah You Are +2Reply

but it really does make me irrationally upset.

You are absolutely correct, it is irrational.

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +2Reply

You must not get laid alot

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I just hate having dirty blonde hair, if I go grey I go grey 🤷‍♀️ but I despise my natural hair colour (on me). I don't know anyone in my personal circle who's actually scared of going grey! We just like dying our hair for various reasons

What a weird thing to care about

I started going gray when I was 12 and died my hair for years. Meh. Love my gray now but it took a while to adjust.

To each their own but this is a weird thing to have irrational anger over lol. Am I happy about my grey hairs that seem extra kinky compared to my normal curly hairs? Not really, but I do love burgundy hair and it happens to cover the greys. So how do you feel about women who dye their hair grey? Is that ok? Or does that push your button extra hard??