+136

Pranks and cringe are the lowest forms of media. amirite?

jodzdzownicas avatar History
0 18
The voters have decided that jodzdzownica is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Pranks are fine...the problem is malicious pranks. Pranks designed to humiliate or make others feel worse.

@Dr-pen Pranks are fine...the problem is malicious pranks. Pranks designed to humiliate or make others feel worse.

I agree with this. I remember a story from a streamer I watch who loves to prank his brother and sister. His sister hates green beans. Just does not like them at all. So for about a month he just casually shipped green beans to her house to make her wonder where all the green beans came from.

Cans got donated to charity, if I remember correctly, or otherwise redistributed to be eaten. No wasted food, and nobody hurt! Just massive confusion and silliness.

Mytokhondrias avatar Mytokhondria Yeah You Are +4Reply

Unironic cringe is absolutely insane, love hate relationship with that form. You watch it because it's so cringe and can't look away

Vic8760s avatar Vic8760 Yeah You Are +5Reply

What about the Kardashions?

We have cringe daily with the political scene.

KilljoyXs avatar KilljoyX Yeah You Are +3Reply
@KilljoyX We have cringe daily with the political scene.

I wish I could laugh at it, but it's so depressing to watch.

Cringey people exist, but dedicating youtube compilations or entire television series based on following/documenting cringey people is another thing. That stuff actively makes situations worse imho.

jodzdzownicas avatar jodzdzownica Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think that pranks done well can be funny. But they need to leave the person being pranked laughing at the end, otherwise it's just abusing someone.

Never liked any kinds of pranks video on YT. Feel pity towards the ppl getting pranked for views.

Calling something cringe is the lowest form of criticism.

Prank videos would be a lot better if they weren't so obviously staged.

Pranks can be fantastic. Impractical jokers is one of the best TV shows out there. The pranks are usually designed the embarress the guy doing the pranking or confuse the person. If things are limited low to an acceptable level (or guaged to the person you know) pranks can be great. But I do see why they can't be and some people are just dickheads with the whole prank thing.

Nickyikkys avatar Nickyikky Yeah You Are +1Reply