+122

Eating on the couch is nasty. amirite?

404ChompyNotFounds avatar Food & Drink
0 39
The voters have decided that 404ChompyNotFound is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I dont even have a table lol

So the following is probably going to break you: I eat on my bed most times

@404ChompyNotFound 😬

I even see where you're coming from but yeah I still do it.. especially when I'm home alone and have no one to sit at the table with😅

lazar94s avatar lazar94 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@404ChompyNotFound I don't think, in my whole 40 years, that I've ever eaten in my bed.

I mean I'm not like laying down eating I do sit up. I have just a single bed (which is technically a couch as well) and it's against the wall on one side. So I just sit there and have the plate on my lap/ in my hands If that makes it better somehow😅😂

True enough, but the day before payday, your sofa cushions can be a valuable source of spilled snack food like Cheetos, Doritos, & salted nuts (no cheap jokes, please).

vcsandfecess avatar vcsandfeces Yeah You Are +4Reply

yeah guys, put your food on a plate and then eat it on your couch

@404ChompyNotFound Lol but still no

fine put a placemat down under it. either way we are going to have a family dinner for once, now go set the sofa.

where else am i supposed to eat?

My father used to eat on his couch and "clean" his hands by wiping them on the front of the couch below the seat lol

Assangeofficials avatar Assangeofficial Yeah You Are +3Reply

LOL..read this as eating the cooch is nasty😳

🍻

Just put a cover on your couch and WASH IT....

@StevenBeercockArt Just put a cover on your couch and WASH IT....

A plastic one? Because that's the only way a cover will work.

What if your bed is the couch? Where do those rare specimens land in this equation? Asking for a friend

As someone who eats on the couch... you're not wrong.

It's nasty, and I'll one up your opinion: it's trashy.

Shusszs avatar Shussz Yeah You Are +2Reply

You're absolutely correct, OP

I'm reading this as I'm eating in my bed 😂

DueBodybuildes avatar DueBodybuilde Yeah You Are +2Reply

Vacuum the couch? Get a mattress protector?

@mattyh2433 Vacuum the couch? Get a mattress protector?

Sure. You can vacuum. But that doesn't get the filth out of the INSIDE of your couch cushions. And a mattress protector doesn't protect your sheets or blankets.

@404ChompyNotFound Sure. You can vacuum. But that doesn't get the filth out of the INSIDE of your couch cushions. And a mattress...

Do you sit on your couch?

Because crumbs from food are absolutely too big to get past most weaves and textiles used for couch cushions and covers. It's almost like people know that customers will want to sit and eat and, ya know, do stuff on their couches.

You know what is small enough to get into your couch cushions? Skin cells that you shed just from sitting there.

Takeaway: it's worse to sit on your couch than to eat on your couch.

Some-Noname-idks avatar Some-Noname-idk Yeah You Are +5Reply

Oh you mean my cushions that are woven specifically to not allow liquid, dust, or anything past the exterior layers?

You don't wash your sheets/blankets? That's weird.

@browndog888 Why would you?

If you're eating it in then you're sleeping in your food.

Now, I know some people are into that and I'm not gonna link shame but it's not for me lol

Look at money bags over here with a table

I hate peoples who are absolute correct and call me a pig at the same time. Where's my torch and pitchfork…
:D

Does OP know vacuums exist?

@Pmbuttpics4adrawing Does OP know vacuums exist?

My beagle says all the vacuuming in the world does not get everything out of the couch no matter how many times a person vacuums.

That's why you vaccuum regularly and clean up after yourself.

potatobunnys avatar potatobunny Yeah You Are +1Reply

I eat on a table that is in front of my couch

@Balkany4Ever I eat on a table that is in front of my couch

Do you sit on the floor? Still… if it's a carpeted area 😬