+61

Loud Cars Actually Are Cool, amirite?

Cheytuflyas avatar Cars & Transportation
0 18
The voters have decided that Cheytuflya is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Some can be. But you can't just make your 5 year old Vauxhall corsa loud and expect it to be cool like you're driving a DB9 or something. Loud =/= cool. Cool sounds cool, and can sound cooler when louder.

browndog888s avatar browndog888 Yeah You Are +5Reply

If your car is loud doing 30mph down a residential road I think it's dumb as hell, not cool.

as long it's done tastefully

Usually it ain't, which for some reason seems to be the point.

Do I like it on a Lamborghini? Yes
Do I like it on a Mercedes AMG? Yes.
Do I like it on a Honda Civic? No.

If it comes from factory, it's a design choice that fits the car.
Not some aftermarket cheap fartcan on the end of a slow car.

For me, it's more that just "annoyance" - I struggle with insomnia. You have no idea how many times I would finally feel myself falling asleep only to hear "rrrrrRrrrrrrrrrrrRrrrr" outside….aaand my sleep is ruined. I cannot tell you how defeating that feels. That "5 seconds" you're referring to, oftentimes makes a difference between me getting some sleep and no sleep at all, before I go to work.

Car mufflers were invented for a reason. If you insist that everyone should be entitled to be have a loud car, can you imagine how annoying it would be to be outside.

You want a "performance" car? Fine, use it outside the city. In the city, however, there simply isn't a need to have a car that accelerates fast or whatever.

I don't expect the people who drive loud cars to be capable of emphasizing with others, of course.

Shusszs avatar Shussz Yeah You Are +4Reply

they're annoying

Fr, everybody loves V10 Formula 1 car sounds, for example. Loud exhausts would make sense if the car is actually built for performance, not just straight piped old grocery getter.

Maybe if it's in an area away from people, but people spread down a road next to my house in the middle of the night and that is annoying as hell. They aren't doing it to make noise, they're doing it to go fast but they still wake me up whoever they do it.

Some people find them cool, sure, that is why they do it. It is mainly little boys and edgy people who like annoying others for the most part though. I feel a bit sorry for people who just drive round with a car that sounds broken. It doesn't sound fast, it sounds like it needs work doing on it. Maybe work on a personality rather than living through the noise a car makes.

@Thenaturelover Some people find them cool, sure, that is why they do it. It is mainly little boys and edgy people who like...

No one does this as a replacement for personality lmao. Not everyone does things for the same purpose you do

@StevenBeercockArt No one does this as a replacement for personality lmao. Not everyone does things for the same purpose you do

When it is all some people do, and they even make changes to their exhaust to deliberately make that farting noise (so nothing to do with speed), then make said farting noise when around other people I don't know what their goal actually is. Considering the main group of people impressed are little boys it could be something really terrible.

I don't know the slightest bit about cars but it's always funny/annoying to me when I'm driving down a road with a few cars around me, all driving at the same speed and looking relatively normal and uneventful, except that one of them happens to be ridiculously loud. Like, why tho lol

Reminds me of that south park episode with the bikers.

And the bikers are loud in person too, often times getting so loud their speech just turns into them making motorcycle noise with their mouth.

And they're all over town doing it. In the bathroom, at the library, etc... people are just trying to enjoy the nice day or whatever and the motorcycle guys show up being all loud thinking they're cool but everyone hates them.

Except butters. He thinks its cool

even tho i hate loud cars, a tesla really isnt any better on a car i would buy