+163

You should be able to give the Christmas gift early if it would benefit the person getting the gift by getting it early, amirite?

Some-Noname-idks avatar Holidays & Birthdays
0 38
The voters have decided that Some-Noname-idk is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What are they gonna do, say no?

@Assangeofficial Because of the implication.

You've said that word implication a few times... What implication?

Framie1s avatar Framie1 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the government made it illegal. Damn those corrupt politicians

Did they say they didn't want to open it early?

I once got a Christmas themed coffee mug as a gift to be opened on Christmas day. Great, something I can put aside until December 1 next year.

mattyh2433s avatar mattyh2433 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Christmas is a scam. Buy gifts for people you love all year round, use Christmas as an excuse to get together and find time to enjoy the shared time off. Everyone deserves gifts all the time, big or small, no need for an excuse or occasion. :)

You can literally just do this OP. My mom gave me a Christmas gift early because it was a dress that was perfect for the event we were going to. Just do it lmao

DueBodybuildes avatar DueBodybuilde Yeah You Are +4Reply

I was told you have to open the gift on Christmas Day for it to be special and it's different if you open it earlier.

@Some-Noname-idk I was told you have to open the gift on Christmas Day for it to be special and it's different if you open it earlier.

No way! In my family it's always been tradition to open one early …usually a small one of Christmas Eve…my dad however NEVER opened a gift until the day of & even then it was like pulling teeth to get him to open it! He grew up never getting much , ever , so I don't think he ever got comfortable with receiving a gift

DueBodybuildes avatar DueBodybuilde Yeah You Are +6Reply
@DueBodybuilde No way! In my family it's always been tradition to open one early …usually a small one of Christmas Eve…my dad...

Huh. We always open all of the gifts on christmas eve. It's interesting how different traditions are

Classicdry2232s avatar Classicdry2232 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've known people who used to get presents Christmas eve and it blew my mind, you can wait the night. However if its someone I may not see at Christmas time open it yo

It's not a Christmas gift if it's not on CHRISTMAS!!

In my city its common practice to do this. Christmas day is really just kept for the children who still believe in Santa Clause. Everyone else gets their gifs earlier, from different family gatherings.

freq432s avatar freq432 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I agree. Specially when it's adult ls who get the gift

It's not their birthday so there should be no harm.

is that not what happens? my parents got me a phone for xmas and seeing how my previous phone was over 6 years old and barely charging they just gave it to me after we went home from the store. i dont need to get it on the 24th for it to be impactful

There is no law that says you have to give gifts on Christmas at all, so of course you can give them at any other time too. The occasion doesn't even need to be special to give someone a gift.

It's a random tuesday in the middle of May? You can give a present. Arbor day? You can give a present. 9/11? You probably shouldn't, but you can give a present.

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +3Reply

my mom could never hold off and always let us kids open gifts early but thats just because she wanted to see our reactions

no harm in an early gift if it makes a big difference like you say. i've had a few birthday presents a month or two early over the years, just because it made sense under the circumstances.

As someone that didn't grow up celebrating Christmas the rules around it were always weird to me.

Especially the families that just write out what they want and exchange the lists. I remember my gf at the time got these headphones but her mom bought her the wrong kind so she just returned them and bought the ones she actually wanted.

Im like seems like a lot of unnecessary steps to just getting something you want? Like why not just simply ask for the money at that point lol

JoshByer2s avatar JoshByer2 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Just become Dutch for this year. Iirc they do presents on Dec 8th or so?

I think this happens more often than you think. Not sure if it's truly unpopular

I do for practical gifts, my moms phone broke so I gave her the phone early, there is no forced time to give a person something.

I have also done this for tickets and other things, honestly if the person is older then about 13 then most people dont care about what day it is exactly.

I mean, I prefer opening gifts in Christmas but sometimes it's better before

Then do it. Give it early. The Christmas police aren't going to come after you.

Believe it or not, you can

opensofiass avatar opensofias Yeah You Are +1Reply

uhhh... you can..

I do this all the time. Gave my neiflings their Chistmas gift two days ago. It was a giant candy bar with money taped to it. I actually had to buy a second candy bar because some fat guy ate the first one.

Dr-pens avatar Dr-pen Yeah You Are +1Reply

are you peeking at the gifts again?

dankXDs avatar dankXD Yeah You Are +1Reply

That's not what Jesus would want, though.

potatobunnys avatar potatobunny Yeah You Are 0Reply