+139

Motion Smoothing makes shows, movies, and games better, amirite?

Framie1s avatar Games
0 9
The voters have decided that Framie1 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

people that can't see the soap opera effect lecturing people on quality is rage inducing

I'm not entirely against motion smoothing, but I feel like the technology isn't fully here yet for it to look the way we want. There's still a lot of flaws with it. However, I can see the potential in it, and it could possibly save people a lot of time!

Motion smoothing works fine for computer generated or hand drawn videos, but it feels wrong when viewing anything filmed. On special effect heavy movies and TV, this results in it making it more obvious that an actor is infront of a green screen.

@Pmbuttpics4adrawing Motion smoothing works fine for computer generated or hand drawn videos, but it feels wrong when viewing anything...

To me it doesn't look weird at all, it looks natural like I'm watching through a window, you can't tell me you've never watched a movie where they have a rotational camera movement and you literally can't see anything because it's so choppy, and let's not even get into action scenes in marvel, transformers, TMNT, etc, it's always so painful to watch anything happen except slow framed explosions

@Framie1 To me it doesn't look weird at all, it looks natural like I'm watching through a window, you can't tell me you've...

It messes up the smear frames . The artist made the motion blurring into the drawings

Openeyess avatar Openeyes Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Openeyes It messes up the smear frames . The artist made the motion blurring into the drawings

If I drew my animation at 30 and you watched it at 24 you would miss my frames but you already understand that. So smart.

You can set the fps for the game when you make it.

you can also do true motion smoothing by increasing play speed from between 1.5x to 3.0x speed then you dont get any actual fake frames inserted and can watch movies faster. a 90 minute movie you can watch in 30 minutes on 3x speed