+168

People will wait a few moments before reacting to a fire alarm just to make sure its real. amirite?

Framie1s avatar Money & Economics
0 5
The voters have decided that Framie1 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've worked at a bunch of different places, and I'll tell you places that do regular fire drills actually get up and leave in a calm fashion within seconds, those that don't well they sit around and ask each other if they know what's going on till told to leave the building or not.

synthsexuals avatar synthsexual Yeah You Are +6Reply

Sometimes the fire/emergency is over by the time your mind tells you to react.

hellnuts avatar hellnut Yeah You Are +4Reply

As a fire warden, I can tell you first hand most people ignore it until I yell at them.

dankXDs avatar dankXD Yeah You Are +2Reply
@dankXD As a fire warden, I can tell you first hand most people ignore it until I yell at them.

I work as the NA for a hotel, fire alarm was blaring for 10 minutes over an overmicrowaved pizza, didn't see a single person on the hall as I ran back and forth before silencing the alarm... Very disturbing honestly.

@Framie1 I work as the NA for a hotel, fire alarm was blaring for 10 minutes over an overmicrowaved pizza, didn't see a...

This is very concerning. I would hope that people would react to a fire alarm immediately, regardless of whether or not they think it is real. This could be a serious safety issue.