+154

Chicken Noodle Soup when you're sick isn't that good for you. amirite?

teknogreeks avatar Food & Drink
0 7
The voters have decided that teknogreek is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Thanks for reminding me I have a jar of motzah ball soup. I know what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow.

You're supposed to eat other things also. Who eats only chicken noodle soup when sick?

Tanmoykayesens avatar Tanmoykayesen Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Tanmoykayesen You're supposed to eat other things also. Who eats only chicken noodle soup when sick?

Sometimes i eat nothing when I'm sick. So just chicken noodle soup wouldn't be that unusual.

You aren't supposed to eat only chicken broth..

You could have just googled this man

Over the years, studies have shown that chicken soup is a natural decongestant. The chicken in the soup contains an amino acid called cysteine that breaks apart the mucus and has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral effects. Increasing hydration also helps to thin and clear mucus.

Professor-kaosss avatar Professor-kaoss Yeah You Are +5Reply

Most people aren't that hungry during cold or flu. Chicken soup provides protein, carbs, and electrolytes without making you feel like you ate a lot. The warm, steamy broth helps open nasal passages and has anti inflammatory properties that help sooth a sore throat.

Aside from the real medical benefits it can provide (which you can simply Google), many people find it comforting.

vcsandfecess avatar vcsandfeces Yeah You Are +2Reply

Its proven that homemade chicken soup have healing properties. Canned soup… who knows.