+145

People seem to enjoy being separated from their partner because they get a guaranteed break from their kids. amirite?

Gangstacat4882s avatar Money & Economics
0 14
The voters have decided that Gangstacat4882 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Just happened to me

@Gangstacat4882 You separated or your friends are?

I'm separated and I thoroughly believe if we didn't have a kid we would still be married.

Honestly I see a lot of couples who don't have kids yet and enjoy being separated from each other quite a lot. When you have kids it's much harder to do because if he goes out for drinks with his buddies, she is stuck with the kids and vice versa.

I heard it said that kids don't change the outcome of your marriage, they just accelerate it, and I believe it's true. Kids put a lot of pressure on a relationship but I don't think two people who really love each other and have a strong foundation will break up over it.

And this is why im not having any parasites. Im happy with my gf and im not ruining that by having some thing that never leaves us alone. No thank you.

Balkany4Evers avatar Balkany4Ever Yeah You Are +4Reply

Shouldn't we start using the word selfish again where it fits?

@lazar94 Shouldn't we start using the word selfish again where it fits?

I think its difficult to prepare for parenthood, it can be a very unpredictable experience. Especially if you have children with special needs and this can put an intense stress on relationships.

Sometimes I think it is less damaging to children for the parents to be separated than to grow up in a house which has continuous fighting.

@Gangstacat4882 I think its difficult to prepare for parenthood, it can be a very unpredictable experience. Especially if you have...

Lots of things in life are difficult. When faced with a tough time you need to adopt the correct attitude and just crack on and do what's right. Anything else is not an option. I suggest you do more reading on the amount of damage to kids from parents separating.

@DueBodybuilde Lots of things in life are difficult. When faced with a tough time you need to adopt the correct attitude and just...

If your parents can't get along without fighting, it's better if they separate. Mine did and I never had any trauma or pain from that.

@lazar94 If your parents can't get along without fighting, it's better if they separate. Mine did and I never had any trauma...

Mine stayed together through an awful lot of fighting and I think that was exponentially worse (to me) than when they ultimately broke up.

My husband and I have two kids. We are about to hit our 10 year anniversary and let me tell you, this decade has been ROUGH. Our oldest is about to be 7 years old and we have just started turning the corner in our family but many times we were on the verge of divorce.
I will say I've been getting alot more alone time lately to go workout etc. and that has helped a lot. Breaks are much needed and previously I did not get them due to my husbands work schedule and if I'm honest, my control issues.

I dated a woman with a kid before I had my own and she shared custody, it seemed like an ideal arrangement from the outside. Then I had my own kid years later and went through a divorce. I got my weekends but all I wanted was to have my kid every day. Careful what you wish for.

Stumpactions avatar Stumpaction Yeah You Are 0Reply