+159

I don't care how you're doing at work, amirite?

Larny2019s avatar Jobs & Employment
0 17
The voters have decided that Larny2019 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Fair. I just hit em with a "morning" because that is factually correct at the time of the utterance.

freq432s avatar freq432 Yeah You Are +5Reply

We know. That's why it's called small talk.

Framie1s avatar Framie1 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Framie1 We know. That's why it's called small talk.

Sounds like OP is one of those people that doesn't like small talk. I am the same lol. It annoys the hell outta me, but it's not that hard to just say "I'm good, you?" to appease the masses LOL

When people ask me "how are you today" at work i just say "hi there"

They don't want to hear about my life and I don't want to tell them, so I treat it as just another disingenuous casual greeting.

A coworker you don't talk to outside of work is not your friend. Lol

You're missing the point. It's just American for "greeting".

Greetings are good. It doesn't have to be deep and lengthy. A simple "hi" works in response to "how's it going".

Openeyess avatar Openeyes Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Openeyes You're missing the point. It's just American for "greeting". Greetings are good. It doesn't have to be deep and...

Should have clarified. I get the greeting part, good morning, etc. Then it's always followed up by How are you? That's the useless part. No one cares and it's not needed as an extra to the first greeting.

Larny2019s avatar Larny2019 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Larny2019 Should have clarified. I get the greeting part, good morning, etc. Then it's always followed up by How are you?...

You don't have to answer. People ask how are you and you can just nod. Or grunt. It doesn't matter

I mean if you're gonna go that far the greeting itself is useless.

I see you. You know I have no ill will towards you. Why do I need to verbally acknowledge you with "hello"

Who cares…it's just a thing society does and pretty insignificant.

Achilles982s avatar Achilles982 Yeah You Are 0Reply

You combat this with absurd responses.

Use to have a co worker ask, "how was your night!" I liked that better cause I hate my job. I'm doing horrible at work, cause I hate that place, but love coming home at night.

88080808088s avatar 88080808088 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I just say that I'm here. They get the idea

Lordpewpews avatar Lordpewpew Yeah You Are +1Reply

I ask everyone of my customers 'hows it going?'. It allows me to gage how much they want to talk.

Cheytuflyas avatar Cheytuflya Yeah You Are +1Reply