+125

Starbucks sizes make perfect sense, amirite?

Lordpewpews avatar Philosophy
0 17
The voters have decided that Lordpewpew is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Okay but... why? What actual positive purpose does just not using universally understood terms get you?

Why not start at small, medium, and large and add extra-large if people want a bigger size?

@Dairyqueenemployee Okay but... why? What actual positive purpose does just not using universally understood terms get you? Why not...

Because a "small" is different if you order a regular coffee (short) vs specialty coffee(tall). Using the Starbucks specific terms makes more sense bc a "tall" will always be 12oz, no matter what drink you get

I have literally never seen short. Tall is the smallest size in every Starbucks I've ever been to.

@bigdaddy69-4life I have literally never seen short. Tall is the smallest size in every Starbucks I've ever been to.

Idk where you live, but they have short in Canada and Europe. They don't make short sized specialty drinks, so that might be why you don't recognize it. They even have a smaller "Demi" cup for espresso

Dunno if it's the same in the US, but in the UK and Europe, if you order a flat white, it comes in a much smaller cup than the rest of the other coffee options. I'm assuming this particular cup is the "short" cup.

Balkany4Evers avatar Balkany4Ever Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Balkany4Ever Dunno if it's the same in the US, but in the UK and Europe, if you order a flat white, it comes in a much smaller...

In the US it comes in a Tall cup. And I don't think there's even an option to get it in a Grande. I think the ratios are such that it's Tall or nothing. I could be wrong though. But their flat whites are absolutely terrible, so it's not like I'd want a Grande anyway.

They have them in the US, too. They're typically reserved for shots of espresso or for children's hot chocolate. They aren't generally used for regular "coffee" drinks - specialty or otherwise.

I get what you mean, but I also just don't care for Starbucks' naming convention. I don't really care for starbucks that much at all tbh so I guess it doesn't matter lol

xjinxxzs avatar xjinxxz Yeah You Are +3Reply

It really doesn't but you do you

Achilles982s avatar Achilles982 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I agree, but I always feel weird asking for a Trenta size drink. I think they'd misinterpret me as saying "train to" or calling someone called Trent.

Classicdry2232s avatar Classicdry2232 Yeah You Are +2Reply

They need to bring back the trenta

Cheytuflyas avatar Cheytuflya Yeah You Are +2Reply

Invented, pretentious names for sizes are stupid. The extremely few times I have gone to a Starbucks I order using small, medium, and large. They have never had a problem understanding me.

The sizes are short, tall, grande, venti.

The sizes are small, medium, large and lard ass. All their drinks are just over priced vessels for sugar.

Tldfonats avatar Tldfonat Yeah You Are +1Reply

It's dumb because Starbucks isn't Italian

I have never (I think) used their size naming scheme but rather just say small, medium, or large, and never hd an issue.

But the naming scheme isn't consistent. One means 20 oz, one means big, tall and shot just describe the height of the cup. How am i suppose to know how much a tall holds compared to a grande based on the name? Why not just use all names that translate to the number of oz it is or better yet just have you sizes be "8oz, 12oz, 16oz, 20oz"