+145

Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant Is Unnecessary For Most People, amirite?

Dairyqueenemployees avatar Money & Economics
0 39
The voters have decided that Dairyqueenemployee is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Tell me you've never been to an anime convention without telling me you've never been to an anime convention.

Technasiss avatar Technasis Yeah You Are +7Reply

I used to not need it and now that I'm older I do, it just depends on how much you sweat

Anybody else only have one armpit that stanks? My left never needs deodorant, the right tho...

This is not an unpopular opinion its just objectively untrue lol

The number of people who naturally produce body odor > the number of people who dont

KilljoyXs avatar KilljoyX Yeah You Are +4Reply
@KilljoyX This is not an unpopular opinion its just objectively untrue lol The number of people who naturally produce body...

Also, what about people who sweat every day? Good for you if you don't naturally produce body odor in a stagnant situation, but you'll be smelling nasty if you work out daily, perform any kind of manual labor for more than 5 consecutive minutes/day, or just spend enough time in the sun.

I guess I'm not most people. My mom made all of my siblings start wearing deodorant when she could smell us lol so I guess we're effectively "brainwashed"

Nah with the crap they put in our food and the material that's used in clothing these days, people 100% stink when they don't wear deodorant. But people have used deodorizers of all kinds throughout history like perfumes and scented oils. I'm sure the first person to make a perfume made it because everybody was funky.

It's not unnecessary for me. I wear it everyday. You are welcome!

contextrips avatar contextrip Yeah You Are +4Reply

You have never woken up in a room full of teenage boys, as one myself i can confirm deodrant is necessary

JoshByer2s avatar JoshByer2 Yeah You Are +4Reply

I stink. Wildly. Different people have different genes that actually effect this though. I got the stinky gene and the "we will keep you plump through the winter so the English don't get ya lasse" gene.

This is far from accurate. It is a very small number of people that don't produce body odour. Not "most".

@bigdaddy69-4life This is far from accurate. It is a very small number of people that don't produce body odour. Not "most".

Allow me to clarify. I don't believe that the underarm sweat of most people does not produce body odor, after several hours.

As we all know, the sweat itself does not have an odor. But it contains oils which bacteria which is always found on the body feeds on and breaks down, producing odor, after several hours.

What I believe is that the odor, which takes the bacteria several hours to produce anyway, does not become strong enough on most people to be detectable unless one literally sticks one's nose into the person's armpit, and that as long as it is washed away every 24 hours, this will continue to be true.

Musty ass 🤢

Mrtechnohawks avatar Mrtechnohawk Yeah You Are +3Reply

Yet another "unpopular" opinion that is just flat out wrong.

dankXDs avatar dankXD Yeah You Are +3Reply
@dankXD Yet another "unpopular" opinion that is just flat out wrong.

I think you meant to put the quotation marks around "opinion", not "unpopular".

Prove it's wrong. You might say I can't prove I'm right, but if you can't prove I'm wrong, we're even.

🤢😷

I use rubbing alcohol as a deodorant

Cheytuflyas avatar Cheytuflya Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'd like to invite OP to sit in a room of 30 forth or fifth graders after PE…

@Iapetus-11 I'd like to invite OP to sit in a room of 30 forth or fifth graders after PE…

Oh come on. If you are seriously arguing that fourth and fifth graders, the vast majority of whom have not yet entered puberty, give off body odor after PE, and by implication should be using anti-perspirant, you have NO credibility and you couldn't say anything that would more convince me that you're brainwashed.

This is just not factual. Maybe if you were planning to sit in front of a fan all day, you'll be okay. But if you move or get hot at all, you're going to sweat and it's going to stink without deodorant

88080808088s avatar 88080808088 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Yeah. This is not true . So many smelly hippies in my city

@Dairyqueenemployee Yeah. This is not true . So many smelly hippies in my city

Okay, what you are doing is detecting body odor on others and assuming that it is due solely to lack of use of a deodorant or anti-perspirant, and that is not a valid assumption.

It's as unnecessary as a toothpaste and brush, you can be fine with miswak lol. Antiperspirants makes life easier. Why anyone wouldn't want to be dry and odor-free all day?

If you live in the tropics and don't put on your BO basher you'll be one dank individual by 9am.

You definitely do not work in a field that requires physical labor. People do smellllllllll.

Prettydottys avatar Prettydotty Yeah You Are +2Reply

I don't wear deodorant unless I know I'll be somewhere hot for a long period of time

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +2Reply

Go to an anime convention. You'll change your mind within 10 minutes of being there

Nooooo.... When i recall summer time in public places.... noooooo....

Lol, OP has a whif kink.

Kionixs avatar Kionix Yeah You Are +1Reply

Well I'm part of the large Asian percentage that has little to no body odor

Gangstacat4882s avatar Gangstacat4882 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Gangstacat4882 Well I'm part of the large Asian percentage that has little to no body odor

Everyone who says they don't smell- & for some reason people like to talk about it- do smell. I'm sure there may be variations based on ethnic background, diet, body hair etc but I have worked in a large office building of a company that had a large Asian number of employees and I'll just say I appreciated the colleagues who wore antiperspirant and the odor issue was not limited to any particular race.

As am I. Everyone else in my family stinks if they don't use deodorant though.

I have to agree.

I had a friend who told me he never used deodorant or antiperspirant. I had been sitting right next to him for weeks, in a small classroom.

He also worked a very physical, manual-labor job before coming to class. I still never could smell him.

He did say, though, that he uses surgical soap. That was his secret.

Nickyikkys avatar Nickyikky Yeah You Are +1Reply

Middle Eastern people agree

Lordpewpews avatar Lordpewpew Yeah You Are 0Reply

That's because they're on