+156

Children of Men is a smarter version of Last of Us, amirite?

Some-Noname-idks avatar Family
0 25
The voters have decided that Some-Noname-idk is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

X is better than Y, but I haven't experienced Y. This opinion is valid!!!

Apartlavishnesss avatar Apartlavishness Yeah You Are +4Reply

"With No scientific basis" the show literally opens up with a theory of what could potentially happen if fungi needed to evolve and could survive in a host with a internal temperature of over 94.

During the development of a game there was a whole department dedicated to this theory πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ there's always gotta be that person to hate and compare something that's popular just to "stand out"

Framie1s avatar Framie1 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Framie1 "With No scientific basis" the show literally opens up with a theory of what could potentially happen if fungi...

There's no fungus that evolved that way that has been identified.

That's ok, I'm sure the VIDEO GAME had PhDs consulting on it🀑

Children of men is just Britain in a few years when nobody can afford to have children anymore

Boknows12s avatar Boknows12 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I mean it one of the influence so it not that surprising you think thar but whilst it's better made I think the last of us has a better chrachter dynamics and ending which is why most people prefer it.

Also on the scientific part each episode has had a pre title card sequence bit set in the past about how the concept is based on the fungus infection exists in ants in the real world and how if it could effect human it would start in places like warehouse and floor factory due spreading though yeast it nonsense ofcourse but it is actually trying with the sci-fi angle.

There's literally nothing similar about those two except for the skeleton "character x must ferry character y across a certain distance because character y has the mcguffin that is vital for situation z to come out more positive than negative". But that's literally thousands of stories.

Classicdry2232s avatar Classicdry2232 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I can't tell from what you wrote whether you've watched it or not?

@EMCME I can't tell from what you wrote whether you've watched it or not?

No, he hasn't. Nor had he played the game either.

JoshByer2s avatar JoshByer2 Yeah You Are +3Reply

They're just rushing to have an opinion on The Last of Us despite not really knowing what it's about.

I don't want to give anything away for readers who are watching the show for the first time, but that's not at all what the TLOU is about. I can see how you might think that if you've only read the show/game description though.

JoshByer2s avatar JoshByer2 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@JoshByer2 I don't want to give anything away for readers who are watching the show for the first time, but that's not at all...

Fair point. It's just a bit predictable even for the causal viewer. So if you can assume what's going to happen, there needs to be something else to reel you in.

@Some-Noname-idk Fair point. It's just a bit predictable even for the causal viewer. So if you can assume what's going to happen...

There is, trust me. Without giving away anything the story is primarily about the people and relationships. The world, zombies (they aren't technically zombies) are just the backdrop and the idea of getting cure is just a mechanism to drive the plot forward. If you aren't interested in watching the show or playing the game, I'd read a synopsis and that will clear up how it's a lot different from children of men. It's fine to prefer that movie, but just clarifying that although they have similar initial premises, they take completely different paths.

@Framie1 What's predictable about it?

Extinction level event. Clutches of survivors fight against the odds. Troubled reluctant hero has to ferry The One to some place where I'm sure the cure won't work.

@Achilles982 Nope!

Great! This still Walking Dead with a saviour twist. Can't wait for them to find someone who deceives the two and they walk into a trap.

Neither of them are as good as Messi. But I quite like all of them. It's almost like things are different and you can like loads of different things. But that can't be right. Can it?

Prettydottys avatar Prettydotty Yeah You Are +2Reply

I saw that movie, and while the notion might be superior as realism goes, it was a bit boring and the pacing not that great. TLOU was overall better in that regard in my opinion.

Please Β  login Β  or signup Β  to leave a comment.