+141 Travelling is something you should do solo, not with your partner or family. amirite?

by Anonymous 11 months ago

If you want to travel on your own, OP, you do you. Don't tell everyone else that they need to do it too because it's "unhealthy" to be with your partner and you need to "give them time to miss you." 🙄

by Anonymous 11 months ago

The reason why half of these opinions on here are so unpopular is because they think it should be their way or the high way, it blows my mind how so many people can't seem to understand we have different opinions to them

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Human traffickers agree

by Anonymous 11 months ago

I think it's important to strike a balance. Solo travel can be great, but there's also something special about sharing experiences with loved ones.

by Anonymous 11 months ago

I've travelled in my own, with friends, family and my girlfriend (now wife). They all have their pros and cons, but this following take is just silly: > Being with someone so closely 24/7 is a little bit unhealthy. During a trip? No, it's not. Plus, you can also take breaks from each other.

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Yeah why the hell would I want my life partner to join me in the Alps. She can see them on her own time

by Anonymous 11 months ago

I'm glad at least someone gets it.

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Not everyone travels for self development and growth tho

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Lol good luck trying this when you have kids OP

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Why couldn't one continue to go on solo trips after having kids?

by Anonymous 11 months ago

A kid needs his father. And if father is going to plod off to plovdiv and not take his kid, kid is going to think "Father doesn't want to spend time with me" I also don't know your situation financially but kids ain't cheap. Work takes up time and that week of vacation at the end of the year would be better spent with the family.

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Depending on how often you're doing it, your partner is gonna feel like you're just dodging your responsibility as a parent.

by Anonymous 11 months ago

Surely open communication and reciprocal time away solves that?

by Anonymous 11 months ago

>Being with someone so closely 24/7 is a little bit unhealthy. I fully agree with the overall sentiment of that sentence (judgemental phrasing aside). However, if you have that problem, the <10% of time you spend traveling is not going to fix it. You need time away from each other. Whether that coincides with your travel time, is arbitrary personal choice.

by Anonymous 11 months ago

What is traveling?

by Anonymous 11 months ago

I cant afford to do a lot of traveling so I prefer doing it with the most important people in my life

by Anonymous 11 months ago