+105 Movies are as good now as they've ever been. amirite?

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I think the issue is that the bad movies are becoming more prevalent than ever. Insted of good movies and just ok movies, now its insanely good movies and the worst things you've ever sern

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I couldn't disagree more. There are plenty of decent, middle of the road movies out there, and there were plenty of crap ones back in the day, too. We just don't remember them because they didn't deserve to be remembered. But they were there.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

All of the middle of the road ones were treated as the biggest movies of that year before they released, making them bad in my book

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I think it's fair to say that a lot of money and effort is wasted on crappy remakes right now, but maybe something similar has always been the case and we're remembering the gems

by Anonymous 9 months ago

Less than 5% of all films made in pretty much the last 30 years were remakes.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I think we're remembering the gems. And not all remakes/sequels are bad! And not all original stuff is good.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

Thanks for saying this out loud. If you took every "great" movie in a year, I would argue that the numbers are similar. The difference is that with the Advent of streaming, we have to wade through more of the crap to get to the good stuff.

by Anonymous 9 months ago