+146 Airplane food is good. amirite?

by Anonymous 8 months ago

It's awful, but on long flights you still want to eat something, even if to distract from the boredom.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

That really depends on the airlines, doesn't it?

by Anonymous 9 months ago

Yeah I agree it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I really like Air Canada's food and beverages.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

It's basic, and designed to not give upset stomachs, so a bit bland. But I haven't had any "gross" food in a while. Do really want a closed tube with recycled air and limited toilet facilities full of farting people with diarrhea?

by Anonymous 9 months ago

Dude I fly a lot and half the time I just decline yo eat anything. It's not the worst but Its just microwave tier food

by Anonymous 9 months ago

most of it taste quite good, because nobody knows thats your last meal

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I wouldn't say it's good or bad - it's fine. That said I agree that people seem to complain more about it than is warranted.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I've always liked airplane food. Turkish Airlines has particularly good food, but I'm good with meals even on US domestic flights.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

Hmm. At those altitudes and air pressures, your sense of taste differs, so all food tastes uniformly bad, regardless of quality.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

Honestly I've never noticed this before. I've always loved airplane food.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

That's a myth. Perpetuated once again by the southwest marketing blitz. Higher altitudes do reduce the sensitivity of taste buds but the solution is to just add salt to your meal. Ask any smoker, less sensitive taste buds don't make things taste uniformly bad, it just makes you less sensitive to flavour.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

No most people don't eat microwave meals nor are they dumb enough to say it's good Pick up a frozen meal from your grocery store. Or the microwaves garbage at Applebees. It is the same as this b

by Anonymous 9 months ago

"most people don't eat microwave meals" oh yes the famously unsuccessful microwave meal market that's only worth USD 143.94 billion.

by Anonymous 9 months ago

No no, I'm a picky eater and actually do despise most plane foods

by Anonymous 9 months ago

I have a friend who's a flight attendant who told me herself to avoid it if at all possible. I'm gonna go with her advice and my own experience with how god-awful it has been so far.

by Anonymous 8 months ago

I do not regularly eat microwaved pasta. I may have never eaten microwaved pasta at my house. I also haven't had a fruit cup since I was a child. Airplane food is bad.

by Anonymous 8 months ago

Agreed. I don't fly often, but even the "small bag of various snacks" is usually decent. And I had Bibambap on a Korean Air flight that was absolutely delicious.

by Anonymous 8 months ago

Some of the best sandwichs of eaten were from airplanes

by Anonymous 8 months ago

an airplane has a smaller and more restricted food prep area than almost any other food service in the world. even a food truck has a more functional kitchen than an airplane.

by Anonymous 8 months ago

It depends on what you order, things like wraps are usually pretty good, but the hot stuff is just microwaved for way too long.

by Anonymous 8 months ago

You've not yet had a literally powdery omelette (more like vom-lette) and sausages on a red-eye, have you? The only time I nearly threw up, in my late childhood.

by Anonymous 8 months ago

I have, it's fine but I should come clean and say I also like MREs

by Anonymous 8 months ago

Ahh lmao. MRE's I find pretty good tbh (except the vomelette, for the record).

by Anonymous 8 months ago