+166 Lore is stupid, amirite?

by Anonymous 7 months ago

What an extremely odd rant.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

If you're talking lore as in like back story then it's pretty important in fiction to establish the setting and to get people more invested in the setting. Technically you could say street cars have lore because they have a history of how they were invented. Most of the time it's pretty easy to ignore lore if you don't care about it as you usually have to look further into something or read more about it to find the lore.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

I'm curious as to what exactly spurred this on? Where are you watching or playing stuff while simultaneously getting bombarded with lore? I find that you have to actively search for the lore yourself in most cases.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

I feel like OP has a different definition of lore than most people.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

It's usually far more optional than you seem to think. It is occasionally obtrusive for casual consumers, but it's usually entirely possible to ignore.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

*laughs in elder scrolls*

by Anonymous 7 months ago

yeah TF2 lore is dumb and ruins its appeal imo

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Lore is just backstory and context. You kind of can't have things without it unless you want no story. Sure, Pong has no backstory. So if you want something that's just super simple that provides no context and just drops into the middle of something without explanation, you are looking at wii sports maybe?

by Anonymous 7 months ago

What does lore mean to you? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just trying to comprehend what your opinion is

by Anonymous 7 months ago

What is lore?

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Baby, don't hurt me.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Don't hurt me... no more :-D

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Someone has been watching too many Game/Film/Food/Style Theory videos. Let off the Matpat for a while.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Someone's a Data fan, I see.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

My life is lore

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Lmao, is your name Jesse L, and have we had this discussion? XD

by Anonymous 7 months ago