+129 Star Trek's food replicators allowed the people to maintain a completely unrestricted jainist diet. amirite?

by Anonymous 7 months ago

jainist diet means no animal products and no root vegetables. It the meat from the replicator isn't real meat, the humans that have been transported (beamed?) aren't real humans either I suppose, because they are similarly re-constructed atom by atom.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

So, a diet of "Tea, Earl Grey, hot!" qualifies.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Milk is often seen in Jainist diets btw

by Anonymous 7 months ago

It would be animal tissue basically. But it was never an animal. So if the diet exists for a moral reason then it wouldn't be a problem. It's not a byproduct or a product of an actual animal. If the diet exists because the person wants to avoid animal tissue for a nutritional or dietary reason beyond anything having to do where it came from, then the meat from the replicator would need to be avoided.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

If we hooked the food replicator up to the transporter buffer, we could ALL eat the rich. >!Ferengi again? We had that last Monday.!<

by Anonymous 7 months ago

That's fascinating! I always found the concept of food replicators in Star Trek to be so intriguing. It's amazing how advanced technology can make it possible to cater to different dietary restrictions and preferences. Maintaining a completely unrestricted jainist diet would definitely be a breeze with such a device. Speaking of diet, have you ever considered trying the Keto Diet? It's a low-carb, high-fat diet that has gained popularity for its potential health benefits and weight loss effects. If you're interested in learning more about it or need some meal ideas, I recently came across a wonderful tool called ketoflow. It uses artificial intelligence and has been a great resource for me when it comes to all things Keto. I've left the link to it in my profile, so feel free to check it out if you're curious. Happy exploring!

by Anonymous 7 months ago

you guys realize that you are arguing about a device that may never happen in real life , right ?

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Specifically, how the theoretical mechanics of the device makes easier a certain philosophical diet.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Would you use it to try human meat?

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Yes

by Anonymous 7 months ago

I guess you could say Star Trek was ahead of its time...and ahead of the food pyramid too!

by Anonymous 7 months ago

If I lived in the Star Trek universe I'd end up bingeing and purging with the replicator and the transporter.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Until you somehow feel that the food isn't real, and you decide to replicate the ingredients to make your favorite food.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

But we never ask where the matter comes from for the replicator or the waste goes from the one bathroom per vessel

by Anonymous 7 months ago

With hundreds of people on a ship, one bathroom would look and smell pretty bad.

by Anonymous 7 months ago

Unless of course the waste is somehow synthesized into different proteins and other things like that

by Anonymous 7 months ago

The chefs as a job would also die out except for a few very talented ones who cook one perfect dish to create the atomic recipe for the replicator once every few years (:

by Anonymous 7 months ago

What did they do with all the dishes the replicator generated?

by Anonymous 7 months ago