+13 Prisoner of Azkaban is, by far, the worst Harry Potter book and movie, amirite?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Just because Voldemort wasn't in it doesn't mean it was filler. You don't seem to understand what filler means. This book has multiple elements that factor into later stories. If it was actual filler, you could cut it out and not miss anything

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Voldemort is the "big bad" and his return to power is the overarching plot connecting every book except for PoA. Even if voldemort isn't in the book himself, the plot of the 3rd book should have something to do with his rise to power, which it didn't, leaving PoA aimless in the series. 95% or more is filler and could be cut out of the series all together. The other 5% (Black's escape) could easily have been a side story woven in to a real plot for the 3rd book.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

That is a very simplistic look at storytelling. The books are about more than just Voldemort. This book is important to Harry's growth as a wizard and a person. This book also introduces important things like the Dementors, Lupin, Black, Wormtail, Patronus, Hogsmead, Fudge, Animagus, and Trelawney

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Snape, Wormtail, and the Dementors are the antagonists.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Well that's a stretch

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

No, it's not. There are, by definition, antagonists. Just because it doesn't fit your simplistic idea of storytelling doesn't make it bad.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Your "logic" is a stretch.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You're way off and you don't seem to understand the difference between filler and character arc This book and movie was instrumental to the growth of Harry and his friends from preadolescents to adolescents Also, the book and movies aren't Voldemort and the Prisoner of Azkaban it's Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Voldemort isn't the main character, doesn't appear in Half Blood Prince and has minimal screen time in the movies he does so I don't understand why you are singling out PoA

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Agreed fully. Voldermort is essentially just an evil force throughout the series. A dark cloud looming that sometimes comes in for a strike, but you can feel the pressure rising, always. PoA had so much character growth, and whether OP likes it or not, plot progression. If you want all of this stuff skipped, it's how you wind up with the last few seasons of GoT, where people just basically teleport to wherever they need to be at that time.

by Yharris 2 weeks ago

PoA is my favorite movie in the franchise and is the one that finally got me to read the books.

by Dramatic_Sector_5721 2 weeks ago

Those were my favorite

by Loud-Perspective 2 weeks ago

You are so wrong it's not even funny

by Trevion05 2 weeks ago

It's easily one of the best books and definitely the best movie. Congrats on an actual unpopular opinion. Your sense of proper storytelling is incredibly limited. It's not filler, it's critical to the overall story.

by Few-Push 2 weeks ago

It's honestly what got me into horror, the dementor sequences were amazing

by Sad_Mix_5683 2 weeks ago

Scary af

by Sad-Fox-1738 2 weeks ago

funny thing I think the exact opposite. I love PoA but I'm highly dissappointed by Gary Oldman portraying Sirius. He's supposed to be in his mid-thirties. Gary Oldman, respectfully wasn't. His youth gave the character so much tragedy but all of the marauders era characters were aged up tremendously so it's lost in the films.

by InevitablePop 2 weeks ago

What about philosopher's stone ?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Great set up into the series! It was magical for the audience to get immersed into while exploring the major aspects of the Wizarding world. It had a twist by distracting the audience with Snape and realizing at the end it was quirrell. It introduced the idea of voldemort early on in the books to make you wonder if he'll be back or not, then brought him back in an unexpected, magical way. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some holes (like defeating an adult troll with a levitating charm) but nothing so ridiculous to distraction from the fun.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

What the books great

by bbradtke 2 weeks ago

That's funny because it's my favorite of the series. Let the following list stand as reasoning: Sirius, Lupin, firebolt, MARAUDERS MAP!!!, dementors, secret hogsmead secret passages, patronus, buckbeak just to name some of the hits . I think your opinion is mid.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago