+11 Humans would be better off without pets, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Ummm what kind of weed are you smoking because I want some, this makes absolutely zero sense.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I was about to say the same thing. Imagine where we'd be without work horses and farm animals. Before the industrial revolution (if we even made it that far) we'd be living extremely primitive lives.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

"Horse are civilization game changers. It's crazy to think that from before the dawn of history until the telegraph a guy on horse back was the fastest, most bandwidth, and most secure way to send data." - CGP Grey.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Horses and oxen pretty much allowed for farming and stable civilizations to form.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I was being slightly sarcastic. I mean in the sense that "Pets" are just something that happens AFTER we domesticate animals for practical use.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Damn. That is unpopular. Hats off to that

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Yeah I can't and don't want to live without a dog. I damn love dogs.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Would rodents take over or the opposite? What is the opposite of rodents taking over?

by Frequent-Muscle7581 1 month ago

Replace "pets" with children and I can see your point

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I agree the money time and energy to be a responsible pet owner isn't worth it TO ME. I wouldn't say that is true for everyone though.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Or just idk get a friend.

by Ssmith 1 month ago

Put the pipe down sir.

by johnstondeon 1 month ago

The worlds ground transportation network was heavily reliant on animals for the past, I dunno, 2000 years until cars came along? I think us making animals pets has made us what we are.

by Anonymous 1 month ago