+7 We celebrate birthdays the wrong way round, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

You're just overthinking it … that's what mothers/Father's Day is for. Your birthday is to celebrate when you came to be in this world. Doesn't matter that you had anything to do with it

by Patient_Cabinet_3774 1 month ago

Be it mentally, physically or otherwise. We should provide gifts to those we cherish rather than gifts received. We do, they have birthday too.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Nope. My Birthday is the one time of year where it's all about me. No way Im going to spend it buying gifts for other people.

by Zdickens 1 month ago

🙄

by Key_Astronomer 1 month ago

My birthday is just another day to me.

by Different_Refuse_259 1 month ago

I think for a lot of families birthdays are mainly a fun thing for the kids and an excuse for a party. Kids have a lot of fun at those.

by Training_Drop_7159 1 month ago

How are you supposed to explain that to a child? "Welp little Timmy, it's your birthday! Make sure to say thank you to your parents and siblings that they didn't let you die this year. No I don't care that you're only 3, it time you start thinking about others".

by Benny67 1 month ago

Adults shouldn't really be expecting gifts from everyone.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Logically you should celebrate your life at the end, when you have a better idea of how it's gone, but logistically it works better to receive stuff on the anniversary of your birth and give away all your stuff upon your death

by Winter-Parking 1 month ago

When I first read the title and nothing more, I took this as something kind of prophetic where you somehow know the day you're going to die and celebrate that day instead.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Birthdays are meant to be days of joy. We shouldn't overcomplicate things.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Who said my suggestion can't be a joyful occasion?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

A ‘thank you, for helping me to live another year on this rock There are plenty of other days you could do this... If it's just that important.

by Sure-Scholar6000 1 month ago

What do you mean? You could never express your love for others on their birthday, mothers/fathers day, thanksgiving, or on any day that ends in ‘day'. It has to be on your birthday.

by Benny67 1 month ago

We pay a round for our friends here. Thats plenty

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I do that by giving away candy to strangers on my birthday. All I ask is that they wear a costume, knock on the door, and say "trick or treat" when I open it...

by Legitimate-Catch 1 month ago

I like your thinking and agree with it so much!

by Key_Astronomer 1 month ago

Imagine being forced to decide who your friends are every year... You'll miss gifting one person and then they'll get sour about it, now the friendship is definitely ruined. Yea that's not the kind of stress I want on my birthday.

by Colt08 1 month ago

Don't you decide that by who you invite to your own birthday event?

by Anonymous 1 month ago