+13 Dogs are so persistent about barking at people outside because as far as they are concerned they have 100% success at driving people off by barking at them, amirite?

by Tasty-Safety 1 month ago

Not at all true. I've let plenty of people into my house that my dog has barked at.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Ah, but eventually they left.

by Super_Airport 1 month ago

But they typically come back.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

But then they leave again

by Henrietteorn 1 month ago

What if they move in?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Is this person immortal?

by Henrietteorn 1 month ago

rent

by Anonymous 1 month ago

And thus the person gets barked at.

by Perfect_Physics 1 month ago

And thus they get barked at.

by Perfect_Physics 1 month ago

My neighbor's dog does too. I went to meet them. It won't bark now. His wife was surprised that it was so welcoming to me. "She doesn't like anyone!" Yup. Still got it.

by Complex_Spread 1 month ago

Dogs protect their territory the best they know how, but they fall apart when food or friendship is offered.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Don't we all

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Want some tacos and a hug?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Well yeah, now that you mention it I do.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Surprisingly, geese are actually more territorial than dogs.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

On my morning runs I create a wave of satisfied dogs that have successfully defended the home at 6:45am

by Anonymous 1 month ago

My mailman has broken into my house and murdered me zero times. I'd call that a win.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

No, that's just poor training. Like chihuahuas are noisy, owner just never train them and just remove them from situations enforcing bad habits. The moment you teach a dog that's not acceptable behavior, they will behave. The longer you let the behavior happen, the more you need to un/train.

by Jsteuber 1 month ago

Part of the problem is that dogs try to defend their owners. If you get stressed by strangers around, the dog wants to protect you. If you get stressed by the dog barking at strangers, it counts and that reinforces the behavior. This results in not just a failure to train them, but actually training them in the wrong behavior.

by ProfessionalGuide 1 month ago

How fix?

by Dhartmann 1 month ago

Then that means you shouldn't have a dog if you can't maintain them. You're argument should never be it's hard(whining voice).

by Jsteuber 1 month ago

Na, I don't deal with dogs. I prefer someone with personality. That's why I have cats. They are trainable, and they have boundaries.

by Jsteuber 1 month ago

Ah, so you're shaming someone when you have no clue what you're talking about. I always forget the main demographic here is teens pretending to be adults.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

My dog doesn't try to chase people away. He wants them to come say hi.

by Independent_Duty7035 1 month ago

This is a Garfield bit

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Untrue, I just "wee-woo" the dog until it caves and we become best friends.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Sometimes, just sometimes, I just keep standing until the yapper has a meltdown.

by Nkihn 1 month ago