+38 People over 6ft are very lucky they made the average door taller than the average human, amirite?

by Western_Resist7409 1 month ago

people over 6 feet tall are the ones who designed the doorways.

by Kileybernier 1 month ago

insert mind blown gif

by Anonymous 1 month ago

If humans designed everything for the "average" then ~50% of humans (assuming a normal distribution) would be screwed. It would be silly not to, at minimum, select at least 1 standard deviation from the average.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Yeah. I took an industrial design class in college. There are so many things designers have to consider that many people wouldn't consider if they didn't think too hard about it. Ergonomics usually takes precedence otherwise people will be displeased and not buy your product. (Like designing a chair). Aesthetics have been huge for designers since early times.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

This is true but I also think that part of why the doorways are tall is to account for furniture getting moved in or out.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

have you ever been in thailand? 💀

by darien53 1 month ago

Samezeez. I feel all couped up, even though there's two whole extra doors back there.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

It's too bad about aeroplanes and beds though.

by Lanky_Cut_7884 1 month ago

Don't go into a Tudor house in the UK, if you are 6'

by Anonymous 1 month ago

6ft is just about average in The Netherlands, it wouldn't make sense to make doors even smaller.

by aorn 1 month ago

As a 6'2" person with a 6' shed door who hit their head about 7 times yesterday, I very much appreciate that it's not the norm.

by donnellyclement 1 month ago

I mean... why would they? Thats just stupid design

by Anonymous 1 month ago

It's designed for hats, not tall people...

by Important_Client 1 month ago

Aren't you supposed to take your hat off before going indoors

by Anonymous 1 month ago

6' isn't that tall in some parts of the world.

by aorn 1 month ago