+42 No show should be allowed to go beyond season 10, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

MASH, it's always sunny in Philadelphia, and Dr who would all like a word

by Valuable-Coat 1 month ago

Doctor Who could abuse the loophole of claiming each Doctor has his own series. shifty eyes

by Anonymous 1 month ago

You're not wrong, but it's still the same brand name with canonical elements spanning like 60 years.

by Valuable-Coat 1 month ago

Doctor Who sucks these days tbh. Been downhill ever since Bill. IMO.

by Best_Tear6155 1 month ago

To be fair, Doctor who did have that MASSIVE gap between series before it was revived. I agree though- most long running shows have their ups and downs. Granted, things like the Simpsons and Ameican Dad could've wrapped up a whiles ago, but saying no show can be long running and still be good isn't fai.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Honestly having 5 great seasons is a rarity

by SkirtAffectionate431 1 month ago

Oh right I forgot about South Park, my bad. I would say South Park is the exception to the rule.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

South Park keeps getting better and we're on like season 25 something.

by Jumpy_Inflation2467 1 month ago

I agree especially when they take out the main character. Walking dead for example, once Rick was gone the show was essentially over and I am not sure how people continued to watch it.

by Fluffy_Cloud 1 month ago

How do you suggest this to be enforced?

by Loisthompson 1 month ago

The network not picking up more seasons or the contracts legally only going up to 10 years

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I like this idea! And hefty fines or even jailtime for networks that doesn't bend the knee.

by Loisthompson 1 month ago

Some people think, if they don't like something anymore, than nobody likes it anymore.

by Jaded_Most_6851 1 month ago

I mean, Doctor Who has been around over 60 years and had 875 episodes over 39 seasons. Yeah it has its ups and downs but it's still generally pretty good.

by zcorwin 1 month ago

To be fair, who had that MASSIVE pause in-between series that lasted until the 2000s when it was revived.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Oh, I agree that its good. Just that there was a pretty big gap of seasons for fresh writers to come in and for the series to recover from any burnout it was facing.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Greys Anatomy is a decent show. Medical dramas were never my thing, but I admit that they kept a decent degree of quality throughout it.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Depends really some of my favourite guilty pleasure shows are that long like small ville,shameless, and supernatural, all shows that has fairly bad aspects in most seasons but also some good ones as well most seasons.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Honestly only show I'd never want to end (if it keeps it's momentum) is jjba. Just gets better and better and better somehow

by omer96 1 month ago

Big bang theory

by Impossible_Cost 1 month ago

Coronation Street series 47 was a classic

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Star wars the clone wars was definitely cut short with 7 seasons and could have handled another 5. Apart from that all the old schoolers are pretty well doing Simpsons Family guy etc etc

by ScreenTough 1 month ago